Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Man CFG needs to just buy De Blasio, and whatever politician is standing in the way and get this stadium for us started. Everybody has a price come on CFG.

On an interesting note, the NY Cosmos announced they will host a playoff game at MCU Park at Coney Island in Brooklyn. That's the baseball field for the Cyclones. Apparently, this would not be the first time they've played there. At the announcement, the Brooklyn Borough President made a statement about how much he wants a pro soccer team to have its home in Brooklyn.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
On an interesting note, the NY Cosmos announced they will host a playoff game at MCU Park at Coney Island in Brooklyn. That's the baseball field for the Cyclones. Apparently, this would not be the first time they've played there. At the announcement, the Brooklyn Borough President made a statement about how much he wants a pro soccer team to have its home in Brooklyn.
Your introductory clause would suggest you don't find CP_Scouse pontificating on the hooliganism merits of other clubs interesting. For shame.

Some people here seem pretty delusional about our attendance numbers.

Yes, we average 29,081. But we've only been above this number three times. Also, teams typically see a second year drop in attendance, settling in a little lower that the first year average.

Let's give our fans the benefit of the doubt and say we'll avoid the second year drop. Let's also add a rule stating we want to sell out over half our games. Here are out attendance numbers in our 11 home games this year, sorted largest to smallest:

26211 (median)

If we wanted to sell out at least half our games this year, so far a 26,211 seat stadium would be the magic number.

We might even shoot for higher than a 50% sellout rate. For this reason, I could see the target stadium size anywhere from 22,000 to 27,000. I do think we need to leave room for expansion, because nobody is going to want to go thru another stadium site search in 20 years. But our initial stadium is going to be a bit cozier than the numbers people throw around in here.

Usual and stupid pessimism !!!!

Man CFG needs to just buy De Blasio, and whatever politician is standing in the way and get this stadium for us started. Everybody has a price come on CFG.
not convinced any politician is standing in the way, just that none have taking it up as their cause.I think the obstacles are the combination of right spot and right price. They found the right spot (GAL) but the price isn't right.

All due respect Gator, but what a Borough President wants carries about as much weight as CP_Scouse stadium requirements

not convinced any politician is standing in the way

Admittedly, I haven't been following along as close as I usually do, but I clearly remember after the mayoral election, the whole tone of the negotiation of the GAL site changed. Bloomberg was backing the deal and DiBlasio wasn't.

Now, I might agree that CFG should probably cover the construction cost of a SSS on the GAL site. The city and state government should get together on a few tax breaks since the Cuomo government is heavily pushing "STARTUPNY" and to a degree, NYCFC is a startup. That's not to say that there should be some massive public subsidy, but they should be able to assist with a new site for GAL and some relocation costs.

The fact is if CFG and the City wanted to get things done, we'd be well on our way of getting out of Yankee Stadium. JMO

Reactions: PVieira21
There's a lot the mayor and other politicians can't control when it comes to building. Local anti-development activists can mess things up even when the government gets out of the way.
Love them or hate them, NIMBYs are shaping the development game in NYC

It's conceivable (not necessarily likely but possible) that NYCFC have a deal with a landowner and with the city, but are negotiating with the local known NIMBY's to buy them off before going public.

not convinced any politician is standing in the way, just that none have taking it up as their cause.I think the obstacles are the combination of right spot and right price. They found the right spot (GAL) but the price isn't right.
Add some money and I think they'll take it up as a serious cause.

Pick one based on the good of the team, not what's good for you.

A. 28k capacity stadium in Manhattan

B. 35k capacity stadium in the outer boroughs

C. 45k capacity stadium just outside NYC

Stadium Details
  • 25,000+ capacity
  • 360 lower bowl
  • Canopy covering every seat to enhance crowd noise and provide shelter from sun / rain
  • Field sunken 8' below ground level to offer spectacular views from street level
  • All natural grass playing surface
  • Single deck safe-standing supporter section
  • Expansive fan plaza spanning 10,000 square feet

CLQDhEVWoAAxjmp.jpg

Not sure if these are the final renderings or not. If according to the stadium details every seat will be covered, it clearly isnt the case in this photo.

Pick one based on the good of the team, not what's good for you.

A. 28k capacity stadium in Manhattan

B. 35k capacity stadium in the outer boroughs

C. 45k capacity stadium just outside NYC

Smaller stadium in manhattan is the way to go.

The downside is that ticket prices will increase as a result, but its still better in NYC proper than out in the sticks like NJRB.

All due respect Gator, but what a Borough President wants carries about as much weight as CP_Scouse stadium requirements

I disagree. A Borough President could easily kill a project of this type. Further, a Borough President is useful to the point of necessity in dealing with NIMBYs.

To get a stadium built in this city, we will need support from the Mayor, the relevant Borough President, local assemblymen, and that's just for starters.