Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
On transport, I live in southern Westchester, and it is an easy 20-25 minute drive to Yankee Stadium, including game day traffic. It's even more convenient to take the direct train, which the MTA runs for Yankee games, but not NYCFC games.

A stadium near Shea would be a longer trip, but not horrible. There would be no public transit option from Westchester/Connecticut - at least not until the LIRR is brought into Grand Central, and even then probably not great. The drive for me would be longer and more subject to traffic issues, but I'd still happily make the trip. It might not be much different for people along the coast and into Connecticut.

I was looking at it as being 46 years since 1969 but you are correct since this years not over. I should have said 44 years with 1 championship.

On transport, I live in southern Westchester, and it is an easy 20-25 minute drive to Yankee Stadium, including game day traffic. It's even more convenient to take the direct train, which the MTA runs for Yankee games, but not NYCFC games.

A stadium near Shea would be a longer trip, but not horrible. There would be no public transit option from Westchester/Connecticut - at least not until the LIRR is brought into Grand Central, and even then probably not great. The drive for me would be longer and more subject to traffic issues, but I'd still happily make the trip. It might not be much different for people along the coast and into Connecticut.
The LIRR to Grand Central is several years down the line.

Isn't that 7 train to Penn extension supposed to be done soon? Would help get more people connected. To a stadium in Willets Point.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ideal Stadium Situations:
1) We get all of Pier 40 to ourselves to build a massive 30K stadium
2) We get to build our stadium on the public park of old Yankee Stadium, we buy the GAL warehouse and parking lot to build a new public park there.
3) CFG/Mets buy up parts of the Iron Triangle of Willets Points to build parking garages and we get a massive stadium in one of the current Citi Field parking lots.

Last edited:
2) We get to build our stadium on the public park of old Yankee Stadium, we build the GAL warehouse and parking lot to build a new park there.
3) CFG/Mets buy up parts of the Iron Triangle of Willets Points to build parking garages and we get a massive stadium in one of the current Citi Field parking lots.

1. Yes!
2. Yes
3. Ok

The LIRR to Grand Central is several years down the line.
As is a stadium. Should work out well timing-wise.
Isn't that 7 train to Penn extension supposed to be done soon? Would help get more people connected. To a stadium in Willets Point.
Supposed to open next month, in theory. (September 2015 for people from the future reading this.)

For what it's worth, also coming from lower Westchester, the drive isn't too bad. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to LaGuardia so 20-25 minutes w/o traffic to Citi. I looked up this season's schedule...of the 17 home league games, 4 were on a weekday. Last I checked weekend traffic over the bridges from Westchester is pretty basic. For those handful of weekday games you will just have to chance it. I've driven to LaGuardia multiple times during rush hour and have seen mixed results in terms of traffic.

If they can get the 7 express up on weekends (as a Mets fan it makes all the difference coming from the city if you nab the express), then that's a pretty easy ride. Might be a bit of a walk from the train to the stadium though but manageable. I would love if they cleaned that area beyond Citi field out in general....a new NYCFC stadium would be even better!

2) We get to build our stadium on the public park of old Yankee Stadium, we buy the GAL warehouse and parking lot to build a new public park there.

Building the stadium at pier 40 by far is the best option and would pretty much guarantee sell outs almost every game, teams would line up to play friendlies there, events would line up to be there...it's a fricking stadium in Manhattan! Just thinking about its awesomeness raises the blood pressure.

But it has a 0% chance of happening - for cost, architectural, nimby, political reasons. It's a damn shame. Unless CFG just says "eff it" and dumps a billion dollars on pier 40, which although they have money, they aren't crazy.

The GAL site is the one that should happen.

Whatever the outcome I think we all have an idea why Soriano is spending the summer in NY.. ;)

Yeah, because Abu Dhabi is hotter than hell in the summer. Australia is in winter. And Manchester had their one day of summer. I'm sure that CFG has an East Hamptons City house out on the beach.

Usually he moves between Manchester - London - Barcelona :rolleyes:

I'm another Southern Westchester (New Roc!) guy who agrees with this post whole-heartedly. The odd thing for me is that getting to Yankee Stadium can take an hour, but getting home takes 20 minutes tops. I probably need to stop taking 95/Hutch and just drive across to 87.