Star Mutha-f*ckin Wars Mutha-f*ckas [potential Spoiler Warning]

****** SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER *******

OMG They Killed Hans Solo!

Thanks. Just had to get that out. Lots of fun but I basically agree with most of the criticisms leveled by ktdNYCFC and JGarrettLieb. But I still enjoyed it. Many great moments mixed in. And why hasn't anybody said out loud that Rey is related to half the cast? Rey = Queen. Ren = King. Jeez. Those names have been out for months. Do they think we're still clueless?
Rey means king -- reina is Queen.

My bet is that Rey is not related to anyone in the current cast, but is the daughter of...... Obi Wan Kenobi.

SPOILER
didn't see the movie but the storm trooper that Rey uses jedi mind trick on to escape the cell is Daniel Craig.

A lot more complaining in this thread than I had anticipated.

The Force Awakens is miles better than Phantom Menace, AOTC and Revenge Of The Sith. And I feel strongly that it's better than ROTJ.

It's got more humor (that works) than any other Star Wars film and the film looks incredible. Of course there were going to be plot holes. Who didn't expect that?

I never thought I'd say this but I'm disappointed that JJ Abrams won't be directing the 2nd installment.

The Force Awakens is miles better than Phantom Menace, AOTC and Revenge Of The Sith. And I feel strongly that it's better than ROTJ.

It's got more humor (that works) than any other Star Wars film and the film looks incredible. Of course there were going to be plot holes. Who didn't expect that?

I never thought I'd say this but I'm disappointed that JJ Abrams won't be directing the 2nd installment.
For me the complaining has 2 elements. On the negative side I'm getting tired of sci-fi (and some other popular fiction) stories which rely too heavily on super-nonsensical cryptic plot points to set up later reveals. Meaning that I will actually be more annoyed if most of these seeming holes turn out to be ridiculously obscure set-ups. I understand you want to reward close viewings and have pay-offs for the obsessive, but I'm finding there's a limit. I'm thinking, for example, of the whole Prometheus debate, where first people pointed out countless inconsistencies and bits of nonsense, then were possibly refuted by people with arguments that rely on 17 "facts" not in the movie and a dozen things that appeared for one frame and out of context. If you assume all that it makes sense: just wait for the next movies.
On the positive side I also get hyper-critical of stuff I love. My favorite sci-fi franchise is the modern Battlestar Galactica, and I could easily spend 3 entire days discussing its flaws with you without repeating myself. By the way, you wouldn't want do that. I wouldn't repeat myself, but it wouldn't be interesting or fun either, except for me.

Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
My favorite sci-fi franchise is the modern Battlestar Galactica, and I could easily spend 3 entire days discussing its flaws with you without repeating myself. By the way, you wouldn't want do that. I wouldn't repeat myself, but it wouldn't be interesting or fun either, except for me.
I always wanted to love Battlestar Galactica (and Babylon 5, too) but just never seemed to click with them. Will definitely give them another try though.

In other news:
http://americanleatherjacket.com/Film-Jackets/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Finn-Leather-Jacket

Reactions: FootyLovin
I always wanted to love Battlestar Galactica (and Babylon 5, too) but just never seemed to click with them. Will definitely give them another try though.

In other news:
http://americanleatherjacket.com/Film-Jackets/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Finn-Leather-Jacket
B5 is an interesting case. It told a long form story well before that was common and also before DVRs and Netflix allowed you to watch everything, so if you missed an episode here and there you had to piece together from the "previously on" stuff and in-story clues. I watched it on DVD maybe 10 years after it ended. The effects did not age well, and the acting is a mix of very strong performances, some cheeseballs and a handful of wooden clunkers. The network let Straczynski tell a 5-season story but kept threatening to pull the plug along the way so he had to constantly adjust; plus the lead had to quit due to mental illness after one season. It's amazing how well Straczynski kept it together. Straczynski also was ahead of his time in sharing a lot of creative behind the scene info online. I presume that is still around in plain text form from the internet usenet newsgroups he used to frequent.

I thought it was an exciting movie but the plot felt like it was a bit recycled, sort of felt like i've seen this movie before. This is also what happens when you hype things up for years, people have huge expectations then in the end its a bit of a letdown.

I thought it was an exciting movie but the plot felt like it was a bit recycled, sort of felt like i've seen this movie before. This is also what happens when you hype things up for years, people have huge expectations then in the end its a bit of a letdown.
Enjoyed it but agree with the recycled. I'm just hoping we go at least 5 more installments before we see yet another Death Star. (Not counting Rogue One and others dealing with Death Stars past.)

Reactions: LIblue and Paul
Can someone help me. When Solo and Kylo are on the bridge they cut to the different people watching them, Fin, Rey Chuey etc. I saw that they showed someone from behind watching them with really long hair... Who was it? My bro says I'm imagining that person

Just watched it again. I can confirm that there's definitely no-one else watching that scene.

Thanks, my bro saw it again and also confirmed that I am crazy ....

I watched it again with my little brother and was looking for this. Early in the scene they have a weird angle of Chewie where he looked like a human with really long hair. That's probably what you saw.

gf wouldnt stop making fun of me cause I was geeking out cause star wars was coming out.....brought her to see it with me and she liked it more than I did and is using more star war puns than me...