Summer Transfer Window

Note to all: please don't be the one to post the Gotze on the boat pic.
this one?
s185858200468067773_p1_i1_w500.jpeg

A few things have happened recently, so heres what I think has happened thus far;

1. Loew and Goetze have already talked, or at least Loew let him know that he wants him to get more playing time so that he can reach his highest potential. (5/20)
  2. That conversation happened after a report came out that Ancelotti also had a conversation via phone with Goetze, telling him he would have the same role that he has now, basically as a super sub. (5/16)
  3. Thus, rumors started of Goetze to Liverpool to play under Klopp again, etc. etc.
  4. However, Goetze fired/released/got rid of his agency, hire a new agent, and also said that he wanted to stay at Bayern and show that he can be a major piece to the Bayern puzzle, fight for a spot. (5/23 or 5/24)
  5. Now everyone is all WTF is going on??
  6. To add more craziness to this peach of a situation, "Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has expressed surprise at Mario Gotze's decision to stay at the club and urged the Germany international to reconsider his plans." (5/26)
Not sure if this has helped anything in the Goetze case, but just so there is some more information on it. I think a change in scenery would be best for him. Maybe a nice metropolitan location across a large expanse of water. Sign a contract similar to Nigel de Jong, becomes a DP next year. Hooray!

Gotze would be the equivalent of a Giovinco signing. It would be an awesome signing for us but I think he'll find a better team in Europe to play for. There really isn't a German in MLS to tell him the league is awesome, playing in the states is awesome.

Reactions: Kjbert
Gotze would be the equivalent of a Giovinco signing. It would be an awesome signing for us but I think he'll find a better team in Europe to play for. There really isn't a German in MLS to tell him the league is awesome, playing in the states is awesome.
Or we could use a Swiss MLS player to act as a bridge between Gio and Goetze.

Damn that's obscure and the long way round. Did it anyway.

Gokhan Inler in a year or 2. Plus Barnetta, Emeghara and Gashi are in the league so they could put in the good word.

I don't post a couple of days, and you guys think a young gun like Gotze is a possibility? This is why people like you need people like me: to remind you of reality.

And there is no way in hell Gotze is at Bayern next year. None. Posturing folks. Posturing.

What about the other German Mario...Mario Gomez? The one with his own song and button to press every time he scores a goal.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Gokhan Inler in a year or 2. Plus Barnetta, Emeghara and Gashi are in the league so they could put in the good word.

I remember reading he wasn't too happy with his playing time and wanted out.

What about the other German Mario...Mario Gomez? The one with his own song and button to press every time he scores a goal.

He was mentioned last year with coming to MLS. Wound up in Turkish league...had good year, won title. If he's healthy, he's awesome. A true finisher.

Fiorentina still owns him and has another year on his contract.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wouldn't sell Poku. He's shown glimpses of what he can especially in the game against Toronto, but he's also to inconsistent. Vieira said that he has to train harder on and off the ball which makes sense but when the kid is in his element he's reminds me of a younger Yaya.

Lampard I'm not even going to bother saying anything because we're mostly all thinking the same thing that he should be cut and Pirlo I wouldn't mind him going either. They're both old and even Pirlo has already complained that the MLS is to physical. I understand bringing these two guys was more of a PR move but at this point it's really starting to look bad that they can barely play a full game or even be at full fitness in regards to Lampard. With their salary cap we could bring in some youthful players that could really turn it around.

To be honest, you're always hating on Pirlo. I am a believer in Mix but maybe you are watching a different game. He's done very little here so far...but I love his hustle and would hate to see it come together for him on another team.

There's such a big spotlight on Pirlo that if the guy farts wrong, everyone calls it out. I'm not saying the guy's a world class talent right now, but he does much more good than bad, can play 90, doesn't get hurt, the younger guys look up to him, he's the point guard of the team, is starting to look good in a real system and consistent line up/formation. The guy went from playing next to Vidal & Pogba to Bravo & Lopez lol...in a baseball stadium no less. He's starting to come around and getting better...I can't say that about Mix though. If you want to tell me how much more Mix has contributed, I'd be more than happy to listen to your rebuttal.
What A Nice Guy This Is!!

Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
I wouldn't sell Poku. He's shown glimpses of what he can especially in the game against Toronto, but he's also to inconsistent. Vieira said that he has to train harder on and off the ball which makes sense but when the kid is in his element he's reminds me of a younger Yaya.

Lampard I'm not even going to bother saying anything because we're mostly all thinking the same thing that he should be cut and Pirlo I wouldn't mind him going either. They're both old and even Pirlo has already complained that the MLS is to physical. I understand bringing these two guys was more of a PR move but at this point it's really starting to look bad that they can barely play a full game or even be at full fitness in regards to Lampard. With their salary cap we could bring in some youthful players that could really turn it around.
Let's try a little reality here.

We're not all thinking the same thing about Lampard. For one, he's one of the best midfielders to have ever played the game. He's been hurt for far longer than expected, sure, but he's back on the field now and can potentially make major contributions for at least this year if not longer. Mid-30s is not old to play but it does mean that if you get hurt it can take a lot longer to heal, which is maybe what happened. I'm not demanding you like him or that you "forgive" him or the club for the alleged conspiracy theory "debacle" of his arrival but if you're thinking we ought to get rid of him because he's no good, to me that's just nuts. For a team that's not living up to expectations why would you want to cut someone who was arguably one of the best players in the world? You don't have to like him but he's here and he can now play.

And now on to Pirlo. That's a total mangling of what he was talking about. He wasn't saying "wow, that was too physical can someone bring me a lemonade and a beach chair." He was saying "wow, these players all run around like nuts running over and through each other in a far too physical a manner and I sure wish they'd stop beating on each other and learn how to actually play the game."

And Poku, too. I really like the guy, he's dynamic and entertaining. But when two completely opposite coaches don't play him you've got to start wondering if he's as good as we think he is. Maybe he is, maybe he ain't. More importantly in the long term, maybe he can be someday in the future. Same with Shelton. That day is not today though, it seems.

I've been accused on the forum of being too hopelessly optimistic about the team. Probably accurately, at that. But I'll be at the match on Thursday and I won't be booing Lampard when he comes on. When you've got potentially future world class young players going on social media wondering what's wrong with the supporters for booing current world class players, well, perhaps it's time to start questioning the heart of the supporters and not the heart of the team.

And again, I'm not at all demanding this turn into a Lampard lovefest. Think of this as my usual popping out of the woodwork to remind people that Lampard's world class even if you don't happen to like him for some inexplicable reason.

*shakes cane* Why, if I was 30 years younger I'd come down there and thrash you dang whippersnappers for all this nonsense and complaining. Now get off my lawn.

When you've got potentially future world class young players going on social media wondering what's wrong with the supporters for booing current world class players, well, perhaps it's time to start questioning the heart of the supporters and not the heart of the team.
Yeah, Millennial whining about criticism is so unusual that it must be valid.

PS: Your cane waving is powerless against another member of Team50! ;)

Yeah, Millennial whining about criticism is so unusual that it must be valid.

PS: Your cane waving is powerless against another member of Team50! ;)
By the time Millennials finish college and are theoretically on their own, they have used up their one free Advance to Boardwalk card and their complaining about anything falls on deaf ears. They're like the roosters in the country that make noise every morning - people learn to just ignore the sound and go back to sleep.

For a team that's not living up to expectations why would you want to cut someone who was arguably one of the best players in the world?
We don't start games up 1-0 due to Fat Frank winning the double at Chelsea. His legacy means shirt sales, and that's mostly it.

Frank doesn't have the pace, stamina, or natural fitness to keep up as a MLS central midfielder for a full year. He's costing the club a fortune, is occupying a critical designated player spot, and is a PR nightmare. Yes, his positioning is nice (when he's actually on the field), but you're essentially paying a full MLS roster payroll of $6 million a year for an aging, often injured designated hitter.

There's not a tactic that I know of that can work with only having one running midfielder in a trio. This is what pissed Kreis off so much last year about the Lampard delay and the subsequent Pirlo signing -- there aren't tactics that can make those two work together in such a fast, physical league. Particularly in the postage stamp we play in. Teams will bully and counter the shit out of that team.

We weren't going to be good last year, and we weren't likely to be great this year either. But the Lampard debacle took this team out of the playoff race before it started last year, and integrating him into the team this year is likely to do the same.

Cut him, and don't even feel bad about it.

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through
Are you replying to anybody specifically or just throwing it out there that somebody is spitting on the "children" ?

Are you replying to anybody specifically or just throwing it out there that somebody is spitting on the "children" ?

It was a general reply to 2-3 posters above that I thought took this thread towards a weird turn. I don't want to derail this thread anymore, so I won't reply again, but feel free to defend yourself if you desire.

EDIT: It was a Bowie lyric from the early 70's, if anyone missed the reference.