Swansea City

Soccer newbie. Very much so. Old enough to remember Cosoms 1.0 but uninterested at the time. Paid attention to the last few World Cups but nothing in-between. MLS held no interest. At various times considered EPL clubs but nothing stuck. Last year's WC was catalyst for a lot. It helped that the second season of wal-to-wall EPL games on NBC started so soon after the WC. Now it was easier to form attachments outside the Big 4+1. Watched as many games as I could and found myself drawn to traditional mid-table at best teams having above average early success, namely Southampton and West Ham in addition to Swansea. The Saints had an edge because I grew up in a St. Mary's parish and attending a school by that name, but their being so, soo good early in the season actually worked against them. It seemed a bit too front running. Might as well go for one of the top 5 (not true I know, but still). West Ham never really had a chance because I couldn't bring myself to root for something called West Ham, even if the Hammers nickname is way cool.
I also was concerned about rooting for a non-top team and having them get relegated. Research showed hat Swansea was very well run since their shake-up a few years ago, with Huw, other local business leaders and the Trust taking over.

Meanwhile Monk impressed me, Bony charmed me every time he scored, Ki and Siggurdson impressed, and it didn't hurt to have a Polish national team member in goal. I've always had a silly affection for Wales ever seince I learned as a kid that Prince Charles was Prince of Wales and imagined him ruling a bunch of sea mammals. The white uniform with black trim was simple and classic, and I liked the swan logo. The 2-1 comeback win over Arsenal in the rain in November clinched it. So I am, as noted a total newbie and never suffered with the team but I'm hooked now and will take what comes good or bad. How about you?
I've had an affinity for random and bizarre things for as long as I can remember.Wether it be countries, flags, food, or sports teams and players.

I first heard about Swansea when I saw a news article saying that they had been sold for £1.

Based off of my love of all things strange, I started to casually follow the swans.

I watched live streams, joined forums, read articles, and did just about everything else to keep up with them.

I guess I began to truly fell in love with the team when they climbed from the brink of bankruptcy through the lower divisions all the way to the premiership!

(I'd give more detail but I'm on my phone. Hard to type with it.)

Reactions: mgarbowski
Monk has signed s new deal that will see him continue managing the swans through 2018.

Have we lost anyone this off-season yet? That is, not someone we cut or mutually agreed to part ways but someone we (either management or fans) wanted to keep? s best as I can tell we're retaining all of them.

Have we lost anyone this off-season yet? That is, not someone we cut or mutually agreed to part ways but someone we (either management or fans) wanted to keep? s best as I can tell we're retaining all of them.
Nobody that made an impact on the field this season. Unless you count Tremmel. (Backup keeper)

I can't find a link now but over the weekend I read an article speculating Fabianski could be a Man United target to replace De Gea. It also claimed one or more Italian teams were inteesetd in him.

I can't find a link now but over the weekend I read an article speculating Fabianski could be a Man United target to replace De Gea. It also claimed one or more Italian teams were inteesetd in him.
Highly doubt that he's going anywhere. That's a gut feeling.

Arabian giants Al-Hilal have reportedly made a 6.1 million pound offer for the signature of one Mr. Bafatembi Gomis.

News of the offer broke earlier this week and nothing has been said about it since. Doubtful that Gomis is on the move.

I cannot wait for tomorrow's match against Chelsea!

Hopefully we'll take down another premier league "giant" and hit the ground running.

My prediction is 2-1 in favor of the Swans with goals from Ayew and Sigurdson.

I keep having 2-2 pop into my head when I try to foresee this game, but what's the point of predicting a tie on Opening Day? Let's go for it!! 4-2 Swans. A brace for Ayew, plus Ki and and a golazo from Jonjo. Gomis sulks. Mourinho grumbles.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
I keep having 2-2 pop into my head when I try to foresee this game, but what's the point of predicting a tie on Opening Day? Let's go for it!! 4-2 Swans. A brace for Ayew, plus Ki and and a golazo from Jonjo. Gomis sulks. Mourinho grumbles.
Don't you mean Murinho refuses to shake hands with Monk after losing?

Good luck Swansea fans, let the best team win! Im Chelsea fan since birth, but gotta nothing but respect for what your club has accomplished and overcame good luck again cheers!
Thanks!

I've got nothing against Chelsea other than the fact that they're playing the Jacks today. Hopefully both teams have another fantastic season this year.