Tbd Scheduled Times For Games.

Kevin

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn
We have 8 games with TBD times, which can make it hard for planning those games. Not everyone works a standard 9-5, some of us work weekends and have to schedule our days off a month in advance. Do we know what times were schedule last year when the games were TBD? Just looking for more insight into this.

Tough spot to be in. I imagine most games will be scheduled based on TV network scheduling. So most of those are going to be played 3p or 7p to be broadcast on prime times the day indicated...

I'm just assuming, but at this point it's the only thing we can do- guess.

I bet we know the times by the home opener. Summer times are easier than fall or winter times for sports tv scheduling.

A number of the TBD games are midweek, and will almost certainly be 7 or 7:30. I don't knpow why they're not set and I expect they will pick one time and be consistent.
The rest seem to be Saturday and those are tough to predict. They can be anywhere from 1pm to 7pm. I didn't notice any Sunday games but in case I missed one those are usually 5pm or 7pm, and rarely afternoon, but I see they changed even that this year.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
One factor you might check for the Saturday games is when the next Yankee home game is. Last year, our Saturday early afternoon games were all/usually in situations where there was a Yankee home game on the next Tuesday. NYCFC and the Yankees have stated it takes 3 days to switch the field and I if we play Saturday night the grounds crew either has to start in the middle of the night or wait until Sunday morning. If we play at in the afternoon the crew can start working just after 4pm Saturday.

Reactions: adam and Goodfella
On the NYCFC app, there are game times for all the games that had been TBA, including New England on 3/26 (2:06 pm). Not sure if these are reliable.

Reactions: adam
On the NYCFC app, there are game times for all the games that had been TBA, including New England on 3/26 (2:06 pm). Not sure if these are reliable.

I don't trust the majority of these times.
2:06 PM vs. New England?
2:15 PM versus Columbus?
2:25 PM vs. Philadelphia?
2:34 PM vs. Montreal?
2:37 PM vs. Vancouver?
4:14 PM vs. Salt Lake?
4:17 PM vs. Philadelphia?
4:28 PM vs. New England?
4:24 PM vs. Colorado?
4:52 PM vs. DC?
4:53 PM vs. New England?
4:56 PM vs. Dallas?

I love the 2pm starts if that's the case. Plenty of time to pregame, match ends before sunset and when it's too cold. You can still make it home and do something that night.

I was on the phone Friday trying to make arrangements for group tickets for Colorado and the rep said the start time could be anywhere from 3:00-4:30 depending on ESPN (who might or might not televise the game). I am considering the rest of the TBD times to be "best guess".

Reactions: Kjbert

Agree. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a placeholder they had to use for the software or some such thing. Notice how the times increase over the course of the season.

I went to the websites of some of our opponents, and the following games that are TBA on our website are the following as per other teams' websites. (Also, many of these times were on the downloadable schedule for Outlook:

March 26: Time TBA (downloadable schedule has 3:30)
Apr. 16: 7:30
Apr. 23: 4:00
Apr. 27: 7:00
Apr. 30: 4:00
May 18: Time TBA (Weekday, so obvs. will be some time after 7:00)
June 2: Time TBA (Weekday, so obvs. will be some time after 7:00)
June 18: Time TBA
July 6: 7:30
July 30: Time TBA (downloadable schedule has 3:30)
Aug. 13: 7:30
Sept. 1: Time TBA ((Weekday, so obvs. will be some time after 7:00)
Sept. 10: 7:30
Sept. 17: Time TBA (Could be at night to accomodate afternoon Yankees game in Boston on YES)

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH and Lasker
most are not final...only the ones with networks mentioned should be considered final

Reactions: Kjbert
Looks like they've updated the schedule section of the website too http://www.nycfc.com/schedule
worth noting the Saturday, April 23rd game at Philadelphia Union actually starts at 4pm - for those planning on traveling to the game

#will be shown on tape delay at approximately 5 pm, immediately following YES’ Yankees-Tampa coverage; the actual New York City FC-Philadelphia match will start at 4 pm ET and will be streamed live via the FOX Sports GO app.

Reactions: adam
Reactions: LostAnvil