Terrorism

Far more people die from homicides than terrorism in the US. An even higher number of people die in motor vehicle incidents. If your going to allow your fear of terrorism to change your habits, then you should buy a nice sized rural property somewhere isolated from society, build a nice fence around it and never leave. Oh and domestic violence is also an epidemic, so you better make sure you live alone.

Obviously, everything we do in life has an element of risk attached to it. The risk of terrorism draws a very disproportionate level of fear. Live your life, be alert, be a good citizen and hope for the best.

I agree 100% with how people die in this country and that we should never allow terrorists to dictate how we live our lives. I do not fear terrorism or dying from it. But for Ferdinand Cesarano to suggest that the Boston Marathon bombing(homemade bombs just like in Brussels) was comparable to a hammer attack is silly. I am as anti-gun as the next guy who thinks no one should own a handgun but guns are not the weapon of choice of terrorists

I agree 100% with how people die in this country and that we should never allow terrorists to dictate how we live our lives. I do not fear terrorism or dying from it. But for Ferdinand Cesarano to suggest that the Boston Marathon bombing(homemade bombs just like in Brussels) was comparable to a hammer attack is silly. I am as anti-gun as the next guy who thinks no one should own a handgun but guns are not the weapon of choice of terrorists

In western countries I think guns are becoming the weapon of choice for terrorists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sydney_hostage_crisis
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo_shooting
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_San_Bernardino_attack

Just this week in the UK two muslim university students were convicted of planning a drive by shooting. Bombings will unfortunately still happen but I think mass shootings will be more common.

Just this week in the UK two muslim university students were convicted of planning a drive by shooting. Bombings will unfortunately still happen but I think mass shootings will be more common.

What's the homicide rate at right now? Pretty sure we have more homegrown thugs planning drive bys and mudering people on our streets anyway. Probably a better chance of getting taken out by our own than ISIS. So if you're not worried about the crazy that's been living here all along, why are you going to be frightened about crazy overseas. I'm more scared of a 1 year contract extension for Lampard ... that's real fear boys and girls.

If I shied away from everything I was scared might kill me, I'd never leave my house each day. In fact, after a house exploded in a gas leak a few days ago in the next town over to mine, I'd never be able to stay in it either. If it's my time to die somewhere then I will die somewhere, regardless of attempt to mitigate.

Honestly the idea of terrorism threatening my life doesn't scare me in the slightest. If other people want to let fear dominate their lives then they must do what seems right to them, but I would never make a decision on whether or not to go somewhere based on the risk of attack.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
My girlfriend and I went to the city Wednesday for Rangers/Bruins, day after Brussels. Made a day of it, saw The Titanosaur at AMNH, whole North Jersey couple NYC daytripper thing. Neither of us thought a thing of it until I saw this thread and asked if she was worried that day. Nope. Fuck terrorism, I've got Artichoke Basille's Pizza to eat.

Here my thoughts!!!
Whats the hell is the matter with you. I'm Italian American and know that its bad luck to talk about that kind of shit.
Its the Malocchio - the evil eye. I am probably gonna have to float some oil in water and say some kind of prayer now
Damn it! I don't even own a horn anymore.
I gotta check my old soccer shorts for a horn, my mother used to sow one inside the waistband.

Reactions: northernburbs
I think the chance of a 9/11 type of attack is unlikely nowadays. Way too much surveillance.

However the chance of a homemade bombing type of incident is always possible, you only need one nutter who knows what to do.

I think people should always be aware of their surroundings at any rate, but living in fear isn't a good way to live.

a terrorist attack in NYC is the last thing on my mind.

I'm more worried about getting run over by a car, getting mugged, stabbed, shot, being thrown on the subway tracks, falling debris from building construction, gas explosion or an exploding manhole cover than a jihadists who wants to martyr themselves.

Reactions: SoupInNYC