The Jason Kreis Appreciation Thread

And on this day, Kreis took the pilgrimage home back to Salt Lake. And he was victorious.

Reactions: PB3
Church of Kreis
9CxL2Pt.gif
!!!

He needs to stop giving crap interviews. We are not stupid, the teams/most of the players are shit. Tell the fans what he is going to do in the summer to improve it. Not these nonsense quotes of 'we were unlucky' every week. That pisses me off more than the crap team.

He needs more pressure on him and Reyna for the crap decisions they have made so far. They need to answer to the fans on what they are seeking to do to change things. In the summer the team needs a least 5 players through Dp's and trades. You need time for a team to gel, but fuck it, everybody can see after 10 odd games that most of these players can't defend and can't score goals.

Questions for Kreis/Reyna/CFG:

• Why no 3rd dp from the start of season?

• Why not 4 Man city player loanees?

• What happened with all that South American scouting?

Kreis /Reyna need a pick up the backside from the media/fans for a lot of decisions in they're control.

And the simplest of these to fix is to not treat fans like idiots. The team is not good. Acknowledge it. Don't constantly harp on about luck. Tell us what you are trying to do to fix it.

Talk. To. us. (something Kries rarely does directly)

Stop the soft soaping.

If this is going to be a big club despite just starting up, they need to be more accountable for the fuckups in building this mostly crap roster and state what type of moves they are going to make in rapidly improving it.

This team is now the worst in the fucking league. That is not bad luck. And this team had way more resources/experience than every expansion team before it and have not utilised those resources fully or properly.

This is New York not cosy Utah.

Somebody needs to answer for why this is.

When the team is as horrible as we are, it is appropriate to assess blame. That falls on the architects of this roster.

It's also appropriate to wonder if we are going through pain with the payoff of a better future. Not playing the young guys and continuing to lament bad luck is not the way to get better.

Last edited:
I support Kreis, don't think this team is particularly worse than I'd expect an expansion club to be, and am not bothered by how he carries himself. That being said last night was a disastrous coaching performance. He played a front three that failed to interchange in any meaningful way. If they haven't got the tactical understanding or are too similar in style to play up there with Villa, then don't play them. Hopefully Shelton's chicken-hearted display and constant failures to keep the ball last night have taught Kreis not to trust him, but, time will tell. The Wingert sub doesn't bother me if he was injured in some way. The other two are just bizarre. I get that there was no point in pressing on with extra attackers when we were lost in midfield but going 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 when you're losing is basically an admission he'd gotten the tactics and lineup wrong.

Reactions: Gavin23
People need to "chillout" re Kreis. He deserves 4 years or more as head coach. He's a quality coach. At the end of year 4 let's revisit whether a coaching change should be made and that's assuming he gets better players this season and off-season. If not, push the question out even further.

He doesn't have the "horses" yet. Claudio needs to step up and get this guy some better players ASAP. You can't get water or blood from a stone.

Could someone else do better? Maybe not, we'll never know. Could be that the talent is not there, and no combination of players or formations would work. My question is, could someone do worse? We are awful, mostly non competitive against the worst teams in the league, we have not made roster moves in the face of obvious deficiencies, and the only explanation is that our guys have character and get bad bounces.

People need to "chillout" re Kreis. He deserves 4 years or more as head coach. He's a quality coach. At the end of year 4 let's revisit whether a coaching change should be made and that's assuming he gets better players this season and off-season. If not, push the question out even further.

He doesn't have the "horses" yet. Claudio needs to step up and get this guy some better players ASAP. You can't get water or blood from a stone.
Exactly this. It's a fucking expansion team. Kreis needs time and better players.

If not results, how about progress or at the least, an acknowledgment of how bad things are?
"We now turn to the post game with head coach Kreis:"
"Jason, thoughts on the game?"
"Basically we suck. I've been on some terrible teams, but this ones the worse. It's pretty much my fault, I suck too. In fact I take all the blame. I mean I tell the players what to do but Mix & Villa just do whatever they want. Hernandez is basically counting dandelions on that field. No one understands Nemec anyways. It's just a disaster and New Yorkers better get used to it"

Like that?

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
"Basically we suck. I've been on some terrible teams, but this ones the worse. It's pretty much my fault, I suck too. In fact I take all the blame. I mean I tell the players what to do but Mix & Villa just do whatever they want. Hernandez is basically counting dandelions on that field. No one understands Nemec anyways. It's just a disaster and New Yorkers better get used to it"

Like that?
You joke but that's better than the soft soap he gives us! Acknowledge we are not good and tell us what he and Reyna are trying to do to get better. Is that so hard?

We are an expansion team but he and Reyna could have had 4 Man city loanees. Why did they not utilise this? Why no 3rd dp at the start of the season? When you are an expansion team you need all the help you can get to bring in decent players.

Why did he and Reyna not do this?
Don't treat the fans like soccer novices.

A lot of us know futbol. We are crap. Acknowledge this and tell us how you plan to make us better. Enough with the excuses already.

4 years? What has he done to show he deserve such? I said at the beginning of the season we would get 7 wins at most...and its looking like Im right so far.

Since the team is new, and Kreis is new here, if we fail to make the playoffs and finish at the bottom of the league table Id give him 1 more year. If we are still bad half way through next season, then he needs to be gone. Proven commodities get the leeway of 4 years in a city. Kreis isnt a proven coach here. Maybe somewhat out west...but not here.

I had to chuckle though when I read your post. 4 years....dead last in the league....since when do coaches in any top flight American league get that long if they are dead last. Granted Kreis won the MLS Cup in the past and had a steady record out in Salt Lake...but unless your a coach/executive/manager with a Phil Jackson or Tom Coughlin type resume with a team, you will be shit-canned for underperforming.

And Im saying this as a Giants fan who loves Tom Coughlin. But even his 2 superbowls for the team hasnt saved him from speculation of being fired at the end of bad seasons in recent years. Kreis doesnt have that winning history with NYCFC because the team is new....and playing at least mediocre is important for this new team in this new soccer market.

Im not the kind of guy to want a short leash like we see all the time in Europe, with managers getting sacked left and right. But this team is just terrible right now...and someone needs to be accountable.

Like that?
He's basically saying I hope we get a lucky goal and I have no idea what to do to change this.

All I want to here from him is this:

"We cannot keep playing like this. I know the fans must be frustrated, and we are too. I cannot keep saying we have been unlucky. Fact of the matter is that we must do better, and havent done well. All of us as a team must be better.

And I want the NY faithful who have been filling the stadium, to know that we are trying to remedy this. There are currently issues with our defense, and a lack of finishing up front...and I plan to address that this summer...and moving forward towards the future.

NY is a great city, with a lot of winning history and a great sporting legacy. New York City Football Club wants to start our history off right by adding to the city's great sporting legacy. I am determined to bring enjoyable soccer to this city and give the fans something great to watch.

We cannot and will not continue as we have"

Kreis needs more than 1 year to prove himself. He was handed a team through an expansion draft (which was split between two teams FWIW), a DP in Villa, and another DP that is yet to show up in Lampard.

He was also promised talent from South America, and he was given Mendoza (which clearly didn't work out), and Calle who has been injured for most of the season.

I'm frustrated by some of the decisions he's made but he simply needs to be given more time before we can judge him, if you fire him, there isn't anyone on the market that would be interested in the job that has a better track record than him.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
All I want to here from him is this:

"We cannot keep playing like this. I know the fans must be frustrated, and we are too. I cannot keep saying we have been unlucky. Fact of the matter is that we must do better, and havent done well. All of us as a team must be better.

And I want the NY faithful who have been filling the stadium, to know that we are trying to remedy this. There are currently issues with our defense, and a lack of finishing up front...and I plan to address that this summer...and moving forward towards the future.

NY is a great city, with a lot of winning history and a great sporting legacy. New York City Football Club wants to start our history off right by adding to the city's great sporting legacy. I am determined to bring enjoyable soccer to this city and give the fans something great to watch.

We cannot and will not continue as we have"
They should hire you my friend lol.
You understand what a New York team means a lot more than any of them do. It's not so hard if you know New York is it?

Kreis needs more than 1 year to prove himself. He was handed a team through an expansion draft (which was split between two teams FWIW), a DP in Villa, and another DP that is yet to show up in Lampard.

He was also promised talent from South America, and he was given Mendoza (which clearly didn't work out), and Calle who has been injured for most of the season.

I'm frustrated by some of the decisions he's made but he simply needs to be given more time before we can judge him, if you fire him, there isn't anyone on the market that would be interested in the job that has a better track record than him.
How do you know he was given them? He was out scouting himself. They might be his picks. Kreis and the rest of staff have fucked up. Acknowledge this and do better.