Toronto (Away) - Postmatch

giphy.gif

My 6 year old was just downstairs starting the game, so I made the parental decision to spoil it for him. Figured I would save him from 90 minutes of pain and agony better spent elsewhere.

I know this is going to be VERY unpopular but im still not full fledged Dome Out, but im obviously not a fan either. I was fully expecting to lose this game and thats when i thought Maxi was gonna be in the lineup. With Maxi out it was pretty much a guarantee for me. A Friday game after international break in another country. That being said, we had no fucking tactics whatsoever. I still want to give him a few games with a full healthy lineup before i completely tell him to go fuck himself, but i feel like its coming.

FWIW i thought Johnson had a good game and we still got smoked 4-0

I know this is going to be VERY unpopular but im still not full fledged Dome Out, but im obviously not a fan either. I was fully expecting to lose this game and thats when i thought Maxi was gonna be in the lineup. With Maxi out it was pretty much a guarantee for me. A Friday game after international break in another country. That being said, we had no fucking tactics whatsoever. I still want to give him a few games with a full healthy lineup before i completely tell him to go fuck himself, but i feel like its coming.

Needing Maxi and a fully rested team/no international break *just* to achieve a draw is holding out too much false hope. This team should be able to put out a competitive side with any in-season hiccups short of the team coming down with measles.

giphy.gif

Stop playing, grab your pitchfork and join the mob.

Forget about Dome. It increasingly feels like everything that would have attracted people to supporting this team in the first place is built on lies. People accused us of being A Man City farm club when we started. I'd KILL for us to be a Man City farm club now if that meant they'd loan us legitimate young/fringe players that they expected to make it in Manchester someday to get playing time. If it meant they'd buy legit young players they wanted to develop for the EPL to get experience here first.

I feel like they've all but admitted that they brought in big names at the start to sucker us in and make us think they were going to run this team like an East Coast Galaxy only to when those initial big names left start running us closer to the bloody Revolution. I mean is there a difference between CFG and Robert Kraft if they won't build us a stadium? Bring in one or two big names? take advantage of Citeh for loans? Being associated with Manchester City is much more of a negative than positive if they won't take advantage of these connections. I've met people at bars watching EPL games who won't support NYCFC because they support a different EPL team. I thought the connections would outweigh this but if we don't take advantage what's the point?

I could probably rant more but I'm at work which is arguably more enjoyable than watching this team right now.

Forget about Dome. It increasingly feels like everything that would have attracted people to supporting this team in the first place is built on lies. People accused us of being A Man City farm club when we started. I'd KILL for us to be a Man City farm club now if that meant they'd loan us legitimate young/fringe players that they expected to make it in Manchester someday to get playing time. If it meant they'd buy legit young players they wanted to develop for the EPL to get experience here first.

I feel like they've all but admitted that they brought in big names at the start to sucker us in and make us think they were going to run this team like an East Coast Galaxy only to when those initial big names left start running us closer to the bloody Revolution. I mean is there a difference between CFG and Robert Kraft if they won't build us a stadium? Bring in one or two big names? take advantage of Citeh for loans? Being associated with Manchester City is much more of a negative than positive if they won't take advantage of these connections. I've met people at bars watching EPL games who won't support NYCFC because they support a different EPL team. I thought the connections would outweigh this but if we don't take advantage what's the point?

I could probably rant more but I'm at work which is arguably more enjoyable than watching this team right now.

Oh my. It’s happened.
giphy.gif

I don’t think there was any good from this one. Am I wrong?
We used 2 subs. 2 subs.. Parks couldnt get a run out?
Dome quit on this game.
Our tactics are awful. We’re too spaced out in possession and there’s no outlets other than to kick it back to Callens/Chanot.

Don’t know how much Herber can improve this side. The ball may never find its way up to him.
100% Dan. Too spaced out is an understatement. The spacing between each player is so bad when it comes time to make a north pass it's usually in bad position and forces mitrita or whoever else as the top striker or 9 to try to control it first and then plays it back. No threat whatsoever. All with a defender draped all over him.

My how far this team has fallen. Not just on pitch but the lack of stadium news, the lack if EVERYTHING. Really has dampened my interest and I consider my self a huge fan since the very first preseason game and I make the visit to Orlando every year from Tampa, sometimes more then once, I make trips to YS.

We just lack DIRECTION in every sense of the word. From tactics to off the pitch. So frustrated.

At least we're goig to be visible when MLS highlights around the world show us getting embarrassed. The chip/scoop goal has more than 5k upvotes on Reddit. Outside of Villa's goal against Philly, whenever we have more visibility we're always the ones looking bad.

Reactions: The Toe
100% Dan. Too spaced out is an understatement. The spacing between each player is so bad when it comes time to make a north pass it's usually in bad position and forces mitrita or whoever else as the top striker or 9 to try to control it first and then plays it back. No threat whatsoever. All with a defender draped all over him.

Some of the best stuff i've seen us play over the years has been when you have 2/3 players close to each other and they are knocking the ball back and forth, or or player gets the break of the ball and can flick it off to another, or work with him, or when we're pressing forward at pace and in a pack and the players can rotate the ball amongst them.

So many times last night, particularly at the back, we'd have Ring, Chanot, Sweat, Callens, or whoever, in possession, and they would look up and all they would basically see would have been a wall of 5/6 Toronto players.

What is the point in trying to be a controlling/passing team with your XI spread out over the entire width and length of the field? So much building out of the back last night that either led to useles lumped long balls, or lost possession in the midfield.

Like Roberto Duran said "NO MAS" Dummy (sorry Dome)

no-mas-30-for-30.jpg