U.S. Open Cup 2016

My tickets for us playing the Cosmos arrived in the mail today. It's official!

Reactions: Goodfella
Got my tickets today too. Disappointed they didn't even say NYCFC though.

Up 2-0, our affiliate Wilmington loses in PKs to RSL after they score two late and send the game scoreless past extra time. Wilmington did terribly on their PKs only scoring one, one was saved, and two went over the crossbar.

What a difference a year makes as Chris Wingert, yes that same Chris Wingert scored the winning PK to send RSL to the 5th round of the US Open Cup.

Hopefully we fair better tomorrow, well, today.

DC didn't take the game seriously either by playing scrubs and lost in PKs.

Full US Open Cup Bracket from 1st Round to the Final

Us-Open-cup-2016-bracket-1.png

Reactions: Taurus and Paul
If anyone is still watching, it was the perfect night for NYCFC:
- The Red Bulls lost, fielding their starters less Robles to Philadelphia 2-1. Although the match didn't go into extra time, it's still a benefit for us.
- New England beat the Cosmos 3-2. Kei Kamara got his first goal for the Revs.

Last edited:
The Semifinals are starting. Chicago is at New England tonight. Dallas is at LA tomorrow night. Both games are on ESPN2.

I am rooting for Chicago tonight, and not just because it would be amusing to see the worst team in the league make the finals of a knockout tournament. We play Chicago two nights after the Open Cup final, so it would be nice to have that advantage (assuming the league doesn't reschedule).

The Semifinals are starting. Chicago is at New England tonight. Dallas is at LA tomorrow night. Both games are on ESPN2.

pretty neat that both semifinals will be televised. not sure that's ever happened before

Reactions: Paul

I am rooting for Chicago tonight, and not just because it would be amusing to see the worst team in the league make the finals of a knockout tournament. We play Chicago two nights after the Open Cup final, so it would be nice to have that advantage (assuming the league doesn't reschedule).
They better not reschedule if we had to play two days after the Allstar game.

Reactions: adam
pretty neat that both semifinals will be televised. not sure that's ever happened before
Not on a mainstream network at least. I'm pretty sure I remember the old Fox Soccer Channel airing the semi's, but that was only in like 25m households with many not even in HD. I think ESPN may have experimented with airing the tournament in the early days of the league, but not sure.

Reactions: Goodfella