U.s. To Host 2016 Copa America

There are just too many venues involved; with the number they have lined up, the chances of getting a bad set of games was high, and as we witnessed, Met Life Stadium got the stinker. Fewer stadium => more games at each stadium => less possibility of having a bad slate of games => more tickets/venue passes would be sold. And fans will travel to see their favorite teams, so the organizers should not have worried about spreading the footprint around the country.

perhaps....could of been worse....jamaica vs venezuela going for $8 on stub hub....yet the ecuador match starting at 65 or so which actually comes close to what i paid for with venue pass.

EDIT: this may set up bad numbers of actual attendance at some venues....since its NFL stadiums those gaps will look worse.

Season ticket holders received emails at 12:15 alerting hem of the Presale that started at 12.
I did a search and the only thing available was corners at that point and I was not interested.

Season ticket holders received emails at 12:15 alerting hem of the Presale that started at 12.
I did a search and the only thing available was corners at that point and I was not interested.
They let people know if they won the lottery to buy tickets to the Final today. I have no idea what ticket prices are.

Per Ticketmaster:
Copa America Centenario Final

Price Range

Concourse 1
US $250.50 - US $2,016.00
US $250.50US $2,016.00

Concourse 2
US $180.50 - US $400.50
US $180.50US $400.50

Concourse 3
US $140.50 - US $250.50
US $140.50US $250.50
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

Last edited:
Via Fox Sports on twitter. Barcelona is allowing Neymar to play in the Olympics but not in the Centenario...

Let the list of superstars out of the Copa America begin.....

So Neymar's missing altogether. Messi could miss at least the early games due to his tax trial. And they want crazy $$ for the final tickets.

Via Fox Sports on twitter. Barcelona is allowing Neymar to play in the Olympics but not in the Centenario...

Barcelona dont really have a say. If Brazil call him up then he needs to be released.

Reactions: Ulrich
Per Ticketmaster:
Copa America Centenario Final

Price Range

Concourse 1
US $250.50 - US $2,016.00
US $250.50US $2,016.00

Concourse 2
US $180.50 - US $400.50
US $180.50US $400.50

Concourse 3
US $140.50 - US $250.50
US $140.50US $250.50
Additional fees are applied at Checkout. Prices subject to change.

Those are pretty reasonable prices for a final TBH.

Barcelona dont really have a say. If Brazil call him up then he needs to be released.
The Olympics are not on the FIFA international schedule list. His club has no obligation to let him play there. They do have to let him play the Copa, but, since the Copa comes first they're saying if he plays the Copa, then no Olympics.

Reactions: Ulrich

Ofcourse they have a say.. They won't let him go to both... They're not forced to let him go to both.. So it's a matter of Neymar deciding which one he would want to play in. And from there Brazil+Neymar+Barcelona will make it happen..

Those are pretty reasonable prices for a final TBH.

true..,...but if there are not superstars in the final then its overpriced.

and it begins......this may turn out to be an overpriced friendly tournament.

Reactions: NYCFCP
did anyone on this site win the lottery for the tickets?
They're letting people "win" on a rolling basis. I got an email Saturday with the right to buy yesterday at 1pm. At 1:10pm it didn't work; I tried again late afternoon and got 2 in the front row of Section 208. I know some people posted they got the email that let them buy on the first day.

I just got an email as well. I'm assuming they're not selling enough and are opening it to more people.

I got the email right after I posted here. Gave me a time of 4/6 at 1pm. Clearly not selling well

Don't forget that the lottery includes everyone who bought a venue pass in 10 cities, only 2 of which besides NY/NJ are in driving distance to the final. So 7/10 of the lottery winners will only buy if they want to make a big trip of it, or with the hope of reselling for a profit. Since the prices are high to begin with, the profit potential is small. OTOH, if the USA makes the final by some miracle, the tix will be worth 10x face. My point is that I think they always planned to do the lottery in waves because it is very hard to predict how many winners will actually buy, simply due to geography.

Reactions: northernburbs