UEFA Champions League / Europa League 2021/2022

what a game between man city and real madrid.

so excited for the 2nd leg.

man city not having their usual backline reminds me of our backline troubles. same issue too. explosive in attack, but a bit worrisome in defense.
Incredible game. Edge of your seat stuff from start to finish. City should have had minimum 6

Reactions: moogoo
yea that play really confused me. the whole time, i'm thinking, WHY IS HE NOT GOING TO DEFEND?

In his defense, there were two Real Madrid players crashing the box behind him and only one additional defender guarding them. Still, you have to step up and make the challenge. Force the other team to make a good pass in addition to a good finish and give your teammate the chance to make a play.

Then, there's the handball for the penalty. Not a good day.

Angelino scores a TinnerBOOM while Sands was on the field. RB Leipzig 1 - Rangers 0, '89.

this city v real madrid game is intense! the pace and sharpness of both teams is incredible.

INSANITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Real madrid have the upper hand for sure... pep made subs thinking it was done.

it's crazy. really hope the final is just as crazy. if liverpool just steam roll them, i'll be very disappointed.

wow what a game. pep made subs too early. he didn't learn from our guatemalan experience.

city play beautifully.. they remind me of 2011 barca (though not as good). no one would say they didn't deserve to reach the final, but damn... real madrid are definitely the KINGS of CCL for a reason.

Embarrassing. If I had one wish for this city team it would be to undo Grealish. Useless player that brings nothing to the team. The subs lost us this game.
Sometimes I wonder if city paid 100m to aston villa for grealish just for a way to put money back into the PL system (100m going back into the ecosystem helps the league in general, and aston villa aren't really going to be challenging for titles with it). I have no other explanation for the move lol

I am more sanguine and just accept that football sometimes makes no sense and can be deeply unfair. If you add up the Gx in both legs it must be like 9-3 in favor of Man City, but it ended 6-5 for Real Madrid, who hadn't had a single shot on goal in the first 90 minutes playing at home and 2-1 down in the series. Así es el fútbol.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I am more sanguine and just accept that football sometimes makes no sense and can be deeply unfair. If you add up the Gx in both legs it must be like 9-3 in favor of Man City, but it ended 6-5 for Real Madrid, who hadn't had a single shot on goal in the first 90 minutes playing at home and 2-1 down in the series. Así es el fútbol.

for sure.

last night was another example of why this sport is a "game of inches" at times. very small things happening differently and the entire result changes. mendy doesn't save the ball off the line because he decided to give up on the play. ederson is more aggressive to the ball on benzema's cross to rodrygo. diaz is more aggressive defending that same cross. grealish actually lives up to his price tag and finishes for once (i.e., cortois makes a huge save).

i mean, on rodrygo's second goal, what are the chances he heads that into the go corner like that AFTER the ball was partial deflected maybe 5 feet in front of him? There is absolutely no way he was able to detect that deflection and adjust for it in that split second is there? It's crazy how it all fell into place.

Tis the magic of the bernebau in champions league.

1652908660638.png

Reactions: LIexpat