Upcoming Forum Updates

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I’m currently working on processing some updates to the forum. We’ll be moving to Xenforo license v2.2 And incorporating their software suite. This includes Media Gallery and a couple other features not relevant for our usage.

Once uploaded, media can be tagged and assigned to albums and showcases, then made public or private to solicit discussion and commentary, making full use of the rich discussion features native to XenForo.
25EB285F-E808-4589-A086-AE874BA90445.jpeg

We’ll be migrating to a cloud server hosted locally in the metropolitan area. This should greatly improve load speed.

We’ll get native support for GIPHY. The current add-on will be gone and we’ll get built in GIPHY support. This will improve search functionality and overall usability.

Audio and Video attachments will be available. You can upload game day videos and audio to share with others.

The new v2.2 allows for ‘article’ based threads. We can create a forum where members can post articles with their game breakdowns and so on.

I’ll also be introducing a new ‘skin’. We’ll do a poll with a couple new skins and allow you all to vote on which one we should install.

Thank you to those who donated recently. It really means a lot. It’s going directly to improving the forum.

As I learn more about the changes I’ll update this thread. I’m looking to have it done next week as I’ll be on vacation.

Finally made the leap to elite donor after all these years. Again thank you Dan
Thank you! Much appreciated. Looking forward to the updates next week. We won’t see much of a difference at first but our platform is releasing a new version in the coming months and with our license renewed we will be eligible for an upgrade.

Not making an announcement yet just in case we have to go dark again. Everything should be settled. We were a couple versions behind so some things didn’t make it with the new site.
Right now we are running the default template. I’m going to try and recover our last one. Might be a bit difficult tracking it down and then hoping it has a version compatible with our forum softwares current 2.2 version.
Some stuff might have been lost as the migration uses a scheduled backup so I do apologize if something you posted today is no longer here.

If anyone else is having issues with being sent to the old site that’s in maintenance mode with the dark theme let me know. I think it’s just that the nameservers aren’t fully swapped yet.

If anyone else is having issues with being sent to the old site that’s in maintenance mode with the dark theme let me know. I think it’s just that the nameservers aren’t fully swapped yet.

no issue with that, but when clicking the logo top left (which is currently ABYSS), my login session is maintained but I'm getting the welcome page as if I had not logged in yet.

My phone goes to the old maintenance mode site when using data (AT&T). It gets the new site when on my home Wifi.

Last edited:
The updated Forums is somehow now blocked on my work computer (which is my home computer). I guess maybe I will get more work done at my desk now.
Hmm, possibly still caching the site when I changed nameservers. Short amount of time where we didn’t have a security license attributed to the domain. If you cleared your cache it might fix the problem.

My phone goes to the old maintenance mode site when using data (AT&T). It gets the new site when on my home Wifi.
I’m on Verizon and the same was happening to me. I cleared my cache and it fixed the issue. That does however reset your saved passwords and history.