USMNT Talk

Right, but if Dempsey had the rights as the object of the video, couldn’t he confer rights to USSoccer for this compilation?
Players rarely - almost never- own those rights. If you see a player in a commercial that uses actual game footage it means the union negotiated for that from the league or club. It is in no way surprising that Dempsey doesn’t have video rights to his goals. What’s pathetic is that FIFA hasn’t granted member national Federations the right to use WC footage in compilation videos for their own players.

Also, FIFY is obnoxious at best when you actually properly correct someone.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
Also, FIFY is obnoxious at best when you actually properly correct someone.
You having a bad day or something?

At any rate, noted and fine, I won’t respond to your posts in that format ever again.

You having a bad day or something?

At any rate, noted and fine, I won’t respond to your posts in that format ever again.

I don't think he would care if you did it in a cute way. Be careful around crotchety old men, they bite! :tonguewink:

USMNT vs. Brazil at MetLife on Friday, September 7th has only sold 20,000 tickets. That's shocking low. Terrible pricing by the federation. And maybe even the wrong venue...

they wanted to cash out at met life and failing badly. I do wonder what are the sales of Argentina vs Colombia though happening like four days later.

i mean RBA would of been better choice, but i legit think USSF will not go back there again for a NT game at least not for a few years after the costa rica game.

Reactions: Schwallacus
USMNT vs. Brazil at MetLife on Friday, September 7th has only sold 20,000 tickets. That's shocking low. Terrible pricing by the federation. And maybe even the wrong venue...

They are out of touch. They jack up prices in the NYC area figuring they can gank us for them, and then complain when attendance is poor while threatening not to come back to the area to host.

They completely ripped us off for the Costa Rica Qualifier (prices were ridiculous) and then had the audacity to say we were poor fans for being out-heard by the CR-fans, refusing to admit it was loud as hell until the team crapped the bed with lazy play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
they wanted to cash out at met life and failing badly. I do wonder what are the sales of Argentina vs Colombia though happening like four days later.

i mean RBA would of been better choice, but i legit think USSF will not go back there again for a NT game at least not for a few years after the costa rica game.

Or the Costa Rica game in 2015 where the US lost as well. Just play the game at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Central Park. Who knows? The federation has been making terrible choices when it comes to selecting venues.

Maybe NYCFC needs to actually build a 80,000 stadium so the national team will get a respectable turnout for matches.

Or the Costa Rica game in 2015 where the US lost as well. Just play the game at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Central Park. Who knows? The federation has been making terrible choices when it comes to selecting venues.

Maybe NYCFC needs to actually build a 80,000 stadium so the national team will get a respectable turnout for matches.

i guess only difference in 2015 is that it was a friendly (after bad gold cup) not a Key WCQ. I mean they can still do these in MLS stadiums and is probably better than empty Met Life or other Football stadiums.

fuck it do a pop up stadium in central park lol

Using this as a Yanks Abroad thread as well, probably too down The English Pyramid system to be noticed by many but Lynden Gooch is off to a really good start for Sunderland in League One.

Really don't understand the inclusion of Aaron Long from Red Bulls in this call up. He's going on 26 in October.

Auston Trust of Philadelphia is only 20. And has been as good as a CB.

DB6F00D6-A50C-4770-B405-EDEF92D267C6.png
Anyone trying to get to MetLife by rail should note this

Reactions: LionNYC and adam

I was gonna go but after watching that shit-show against Costa Rica @ RBA, never again. Not in this area. I mean I can take the loss like a man, but there's nothing like spending good money to watch a lackluster team, just to watch fans from another country ridicule the home fans.