USMNT Talk

I wonder how he got along with Khiry and Mix towards the end of the season. Moreso Mix.
Well, Mix didn't showcase against Iceland..... if he doesn't start this week, then I put the blame on Kreis whispering in Jurgen's ear as Mix is always at least a Klinnsman super-sub, but after the Jermaine Jones Icelandic no-show, he should be given an opportunity.

Well, Mix didn't showcase against Iceland..... if he doesn't start this week, then I put the blame on Kreis whispering in Jurgen's ear as Mix is always at least a Klinnsman super-sub, but after the Jermaine Jones Icelandic no-show, he should be given an opportunity.
Jermaine has no shown since Portugal

Reactions: gbservis and Ulrich
Jermaine has no shown since Portugal
Agreed. As Twellmen commented - he cannot believe Jones is in camp & playing in a match without having a Club Contract signed as he's one injury away from being jobless and un-signable.

Jones was big organizing the defense and breaking up play. He's not the same physically, but his bite and intelligence are still a contribution to the team. I am hoping Tchani and Acosta learn a lot. They are the two that need to step into his role.

Mix and Bradley can't play together. Zardes is awful.
Shelton will never get a senior cap. Mark it down.

Harrison better show up to show out. I'd like Vincent a lot in our squad.

NORTHER BORDER WAR: USA v. CANADA

10 PM on a Friday, ouch for TV ratings

Falastur Falastur NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan will the chatbox be open?

Hoping for Mix and Khiry to see more good playing time in this one.

The chatbox should be open for all USMNT games. Dan and Einwindir generally sort it out for most games, but I'll schedule a reminder for myself too, just in case.

I didn't get to watch the game, but from twitter is seemed that Mix played really well, but... and he looked good, but... and was better than many of the other guys, but... and Klinsmann singled him out for praise, but...

Mix and Bradley can't play together. Zardes is awful.
Shelton will never get a senior cap. Mark it down.

Harrison better show up to show out. I'd like Vincent a lot in our squad.
Been pondering this for a while..... Bradley is the USA version of Gerrard. Great all around player, but doesn't do any one thing exceptionally well, and by making him an automatic starter, it severely limits the players that can shine around him as he doesn't mesh well with the majority of the other midfielders. Mix had 3-6 passes that should have resulted in goals, but because they were flubbed by the forwards, he won't get the credit for a great game. Bradley was just Bradley - was he playing DM or AM or just floating around everywhere?

Oh, and Jones just sucks now.

Reactions: adam
image.png

Mix agrees.

I think the best thing for the USMNT is for the old guard to be taken off the field. No more Jozy. No more Jones. No more Bradley. With the newer and younger players, we've seen the team play better.

I think the best thing for the USMNT is for the old guard to be taken off the field. No more Jozy. No more Jones. No more Bradley. With the newer and younger players, we've seen the team play better.

Altidore has been around forever, but he's only 26. However, he does have an issue working with strike partners and doesn't have the blazing speed some of our other forward options posses. He's a great target man, but if we're not playing him as one, there are better combinations we can put up there.

Reactions: Codz95
I can't agree with this. I'd say no more of players who won't play the next WC. That means Jones. But Bradley and Jozy are hardly old at 26 and 28. Those two still have a lot to offer. And if Jozy can keep his fitness, he can contribute a lot. As adam adam said. Use him the right way and figure out the right strike partner. I actually liked seeing him with Morris.

Not that I've seen it used on this board, but I hope no one ever calls Morris "Stanford Messi" again. The guy has no left foot at all and he is not creative at all. He is big and strong and he likes to run behind defenses. We should call him "Stanford Chicharito"