Villa About To Do A Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerstrom29

Registered
May 3, 2015
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-city-transfers-david-villa-9399572

Just found an article that said that Villa could do a "Lampard" and join Manchester City in January.
This is just speculations of course, and just a possibility.

But do you think that this will be something that we have to get used to due to the sister club status that we have? That our "profile players" and future players might join Manchester City before the MLS kicks of again. And what can we do about the situation if Manchester City wants to keep the player throughout the season instead of a short term loan?
I keep the Lampard-deal in mind.

Villa did this with Melbourne before he came to Start the season. He just wants to keep playing, doubt city will keep him after the loan

Reactions: Kjbert
No source, nothing in his statement indicating he's open to it.

I think given the backlash on Lampard CFG will be reluctant to try anything similar in the future.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
It's fine if he plays with other clubs during the off season if he comes to NYC FC ready for the first game of the MLS cup. I can't image though he would want 12 months of straight football though.

Sure this article just tells us that he could join Man City to get some games during January if they need backup. not that he have said that he wants to or will.

But what I mean is, let's say he would join Man City in January 2016, they are in need of strikers and Villa has scored a couple of goals for them.
They are not able to sign a striker during the transfer window, but are determined to expand the loan deal.
And because we under the same owners they feel that with Villa in the team Man City would have a bigger chance of winning the Premiership.
And thereby they prioritize Man City, letting Villa stay in England against NYCFC's will. But Villa are positive staying in Man City.

There's a lot of "what if's", but I wonder how much the owners can control, even though Villa are a NYCFC player.

Aren't things a little different after the player has already begun playing in the MLS? Like, Villa's contract was presumably with CFG, like Lampard's, but once he actually *joins* an MLS team doesn't MLS take over the ownership of the contract? If so I imagine MLS would not be happy about loans suddenly being extended and whatnot.

Then again, the whole CFG thing is pretty complicated and DPs probably have their own MLS universe that they operate in, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Yes, MLS owns the players and pays their salaries, except for the amount that exceeds each players budget charge. That amount is paid by the club.

I'm just curious what power CFG have, and between us clubs that are involved in that ownership.

Doesn't concern me. I think once our season ends in October, he will realize he has 45 days off. He can go train with them at the end of December and maybe get a couple of League Cup games or sub spots between Jan 1 and February 15th. Let him train there for 45 days and play a little. Dempsey did the same thing. He'll be in better form and good shape joining the squad again for pre-season.

I think (or at least I hope) the Lampard affair was a one off. If Villa was loaned out in the off season it would just be to keep fit, may be play 4 or 5 times in Manchester/Melbourne. I've seen lots of MLS players do this: Henry, Beckham, Donovan, Dempsey, Keane, Defoe.

I don't see how Man City could even use him, but I would like him to train there. Bony and Aguero are better players right now. But I understand the need for depth.

There are two players who could use the experience though - Mix and Shelton. Would like to see on or both be sent over there for our pre-season. If Saunders can train there, they can too.

The good thing is of course, as many of you say, that we can use this partner/ownership to keep the players fit for the upcoming MLS-season.

only concerned from a fatigue or injury side of things, though yes there is still that possibility he stays till end of May for their end of season, which would be disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.