Villa..mls Latino Player Of The Year.....

1. Its rather dumb to have such an award
2. Latino is not a race
3. Hispanic means tracing its roots to spain
4. Dont know what else, but there shouldnt be such award. Just best player award

I agree. I'm not sure how I'd feel if MLS gave out a best Jewish player award. I think I wouldn't be too happy. If a Jewish organization outside MLS wanted to honor a Jewish player, that's a different story. There should not be awards given out by a league, unless it's performance based. To single groups out by ethnicity or eventually gender (best female coach?) is discriminatory.

Yes, Andrea Pirlo is an european latino too, like David Villa.
One thing i'v noticed is that they seem to be able to talk to one another. Now in what languages the're using ? I have no idea?? I think a little bit of both Spanish and Italian. I find it interesting.

Reactions: northernburbs
One thing i'v noticed is that they seem to be able to talk to one another. Now in what languages the're using ? I have no idea?? I think a little bit of both Spanish and Italian. I find it interesting.

I don't speak either myself but a Spanish speaking friend I traveled with in Italy had many long and seemingly successful conversations with Italians where they both spoke entirely their own language. He said it was almost like talking to someone with an extraordinarily heavy accent - if they both spoke slowly they could usually get their point across.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I know this thread is old, but you all are wrong. ''Latino'' means that the language ''Spanish'' comes from the language ''Latin'', their roots, his origin is the ancient language of romans, Latin. Latin is not a race, or a kind of people, is the language of these people. The spanish people, the french people, the italian people are latins too, european latins.

I think you are trolling but The Italian people are not latin too. They are the original latins. Also the people who gave us civilization. The rest of you were pissing in your own drinking water while my family was building Rome

I know this thread is old, but you all are wrong. ''Latino'' means that the language ''Spanish'' comes from the language ''Latin'', their roots, his origin is the ancient language of romans, Latin. Latin is not a race, or a kind of people, is the language of these people. The spanish people, the french people, the italian people are latins too, european latins.

So, MLS Latino Of The Year is totally correct.

I think you are trolling but The Italian people are not latin too. They are the original latins. Also the people who gave us civilization. The rest of you were pissing in your own drinking water while my family was building Rome

No offense

Reactions: Gavin23

No offense

That sounds like trolling. But if you want to go down that route, then your people were bathing in their own feces while my family was building Jerusalem. It's all relative brother and we're all human. If you go back far enough we all came from the same place. Why make comments like that?

You can't understand that your meaning of ''Latino'' has been deformated by yourselves, the real meaning is that I said.

I only tried to illuminate you, but, nevertheless, you can die with your stupid american pride.

Bye.

Hate to wade in here, but both of those words have actual definitions. It's not up to each of us to individually define them.

"Latin" in this context means someone whose heritage is from a Spanish or Portuguese-speaking nation in North, South or Central America. Hispanic generally adds Spanish-speakers from other countries and subtracts Portuguese speakers. So someone from Portugal is neither Latino nor Hispanic.

I have no idea if people from Surinam, Guyana, or French Guyana are considered Latino.

The beauty of modern English is that if you're using them wrong and enough people eventually agree with you, you'll become right. But his is what those words mean now and there aren't really options.

Reactions: SpanishEye
Hate to wade in here, but both of those words have actual definitions. It's not up to each of us to individually define them.

"Latin" in this context means someone whose heritage is from a Spanish or Portuguese-speaking nation in North, South or Central America. Hispanic generally adds Spanish-speakers from other countries and subtracts Portuguese speakers. So someone from Portugal is neither Latino nor Hispanic.

I have no idea if people from Surinam, Guyana, or French Guyana are considered Latino.

The beauty of modern English is that if you're using them wrong and enough people eventually agree with you, you'll become right. But his is what those words mean now and there aren't really options.

Finally, a proficient guy. Thank you.

I agree. I'm not sure how I'd feel if MLS gave out a best Jewish player award. I think I wouldn't be too happy. If a Jewish organization outside MLS wanted to honor a Jewish player, that's a different story. There should not be awards given out by a league, unless it's performance based. To single groups out by ethnicity or eventually gender (best female coach?) is discriminatory.
I agree mostly (just not with the word "discriminatory"). I just think it is, as you said, the wrong place for the league. So many issues. What if the player doesn't identify as latino? What if they fail to consider a player who does identify as latino? Why the hell isn't there a Jewish award? And what about all those who were raised Jewish but now identify more with Buddhism and a rejection of organized theistic religion? And do we have a best Asian player award? And do we include Arabs and Israelis in that or ... ?

I think they speak Spanish based on the Pirlo introduction video the team put out when he arrived. There is a scene when Villa greets Pirlo at Yankee stadium for the first time. Villa says hello in english and then asks if Pirlo speaks Spanish, to which he says yes and Villa switches into Spanish. It seems the ability to speak Spanish is another of your Pirlo's many talents.

With Minnesota entering the league, apparently they are going to start a Nordic Player of the Year award to pander to their fanbase. Maybe we can contend for this one too.

Reactions: Kjbert
image.jpg

is this award even around any more?

Too soon for train crashing jokes.

Too soon for train crashing jokes.
my bad forgot about that ill delete. still...this thread did got derailed so bad over something from last year from something that does not exist any more ( i think)

Reactions: gbservis
With Minnesota entering the league, apparently they are going to start a Nordic Player of the Year award to pander to their fanbase. Maybe we can contend for this one too.

Do you see any distinction between "pandering" and "marketing to"?

Reactions: FootyLovin
That sounds like trolling. But if you want to go down that route, then your people were bathing in their own feces while my family was building Jerusalem. It's all relative brother and we're all human. If you go back far enough we all came from the same place. Why make comments like that?

Chill out
Clearly my post was to piss off a guy who already had smoke coming out of his ears and brought up some shit from a year ago. It appears that I am now unintentionally in possession of your goat. I will leave it with Fan Services.
HNY