Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
We need a thread for my Reds.

Team is looking good lately. I'm really enjoying seeing Emre Can develop. Getting Sturridge back and rounding into form could mean a late grab of a top 4 finish.

Wish we were getting more out of Lallana. He's so good technically, it seems like he would work well with Coutinho, who might be the most under-rated player in the EPL. He dribbles people for fun.

Coutinho is really rounding out to be a great player. I was just thinking about how many young developing players we have moving into the future and it is really encouraging. Ibe, Couts, Sturridge (not as young but w.e.), Can, Henderson, Lallana, Sterling. I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I feel very good about where this club stands. I just hope there aren't any overreactions along the way that leads Rodgers to being fired.

How do you guys gauge your chances of a top 4 finish this year?
I would love if you guys got in ahead of City, United or Spurs- but I haven't paid enough attention to Liverpool to make a prediction.

I'd say City has the best chance of securing a top 4.

United is a weird one as I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up anywhere from 2-6.

Spurs are kind of weird to and Kane and Erikson have been pretty amazing. I'd say that they can't keep it up all season, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped firing and a few other players stepped it up.

Arsenal are Arsenal and I predict they will get top 4.

That leaves us with Liverpool. I think the addition of Sturridge is going to be massive, but I think there's still something else that has to click. They played very good against Chelsea in both games- and if they could bring that intensity every week they would most definitely make top 4. But I'm not sure.
My gut tells me that Pool miss out to Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.
And que United fans celebrating like they won the league if they finish ahead of Liverpool even by goal difference.

Don't forget about Moreno, Manquillo and Flanagan. And then there is Divock Origi who is 19 and on loan to Lille this season

Reactions: City-Nole
How do you guys gauge your chances of a top 4 finish this year?
I would love if you guys got in ahead of City, United or Spurs- but I haven't paid enough attention to Liverpool to make a prediction.

I'd say City has the best chance of securing a top 4.

United is a weird one as I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up anywhere from 2-6.

Spurs are kind of weird to and Kane and Erikson have been pretty amazing. I'd say that they can't keep it up all season, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped firing and a few other players stepped it up.

Arsenal are Arsenal and I predict they will get top 4.

That leaves us with Liverpool. I think the addition of Sturridge is going to be massive, but I think there's still something else that has to click. They played very good against Chelsea in both games- and if they could bring that intensity every week they would most definitely make top 4. But I'm not sure.
My gut tells me that Pool miss out to Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.
And que United fans celebrating like they won the league if they finish ahead of Liverpool even by goal difference.
I like our chances. I dont think I can put a number on it, but we're top of the form table, getting better and the schedule for the rest of the season is favorable. We are also only 4 points out of 4th place so it really is up in the air at this point. The end of the season is going to be a roller coaster for sure.

I did not like taking Coutinho off for Sturridge. Allen was kind of shit positionally anyway, so might as well have played with only Henderson there.

As far as teams I'd like to see drop out of the first four, the manc wankers are the one team I hate. Always love to see them lose. Then Manchester 2, who I didn't really care about, but now enjoy seeing fail.

I mean, it would be beautiful for Chelsea to collapse, but that ain't happening.

Also, don't forget Markovic. He is still really young.

We have a team full of Chelsea players 3-4 years too early. I don't mind that, though. I don't understand how people feel really connected to clubs who just buy everyone. If we buy someone and they suck, we just have to fix it. Some other clubs just buy 4 players at every position. It's fair, and I understand the club doing it. I just don't understand anyone really being drawn to that as a supporter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodfella
Balotelli is a project at best. It is looking like he is turning his life around, but until I see success, I have no reason to believe it will come.

I (well, my old lady and I) don't want to walk alone on the 16th of March for LFC and Swansea while we're visiting for our beloved NYCFC home-opener.

Best pub for LFC ogling in Manhattan?

I (well, my old lady and I) don't want to walk alone on the 16th of March for LFC and Swansea while we're visiting for our beloved NYCFC home-opener.

Best pub for LFC ogling in Manhattan?
If it's a "soccer bar", there's a good chance there will be a decent representation. I usually go to the Football Factory at legends because I like the bar tenders and semi-know the owners. It will be relatively tame and less partisan.

11th Street Bar is the one that is crazy crowded. You can find everything you'd want to know and more on the LFC NY website.

http://www.lfcny.org/#home

For 10 years, LFCNY have been based at the 11th Street Bar in the East Village, and this is still our home. From 2014 onwards, however, we are delighted to partner with two other East Village Bars to accommodate the growing number of people. These are Lunasa (1st Ave and 7th Street) and Percy’s Tavern (13th Street and Avenue A) . We can also suggest 3 LFC friendly bars in Brooklyn (see below).

All of the bars will broadcast every Premier League game live and almost every cup game as well. If we can find it, we’ll show it

The 11th Street Bar on 11th street between Avenue A & B is the long standing home of the New York Liverpool Supporters Club. Although we have expanded LFCNY’s capacity with new bars, membership is still handled at the 11th Street (on match days).

The bars typically opens 60-90 minutes prior to each game. Anyone can come to the bar, but if you are under 21, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. For big games, we would always recommend getting to the bar as early as possible to gain entry, especially in the 11th Street.

Believe it or not, the 11th Street Bar itself is becoming quite famous in Liverpool and is on the list of tourist attractions for visiting fans. On game days the fans tend to be exclusively Liverpool fans, though opposing fans are also very welcome. Many have even been known to get out alive! The fans are not shy about venting their opinions and the atmosphere is always friendly. The ages have ranged from 6 days (and dressed in a Liverpool shirt!) to somewhere north of 80 (we were too polite to ask) and we get an almost even split of men and women. Game days are well worth the visit, especially the big games with all the singing, chanting, and excitement associated with football, sorry… soccer, wafting out of the bar.

Balo scored again yesterday in the Europa League. Good signs that he may be finding some form?

Balo scored again yesterday in the Europa League. Good signs that he may be finding some form?
Haven't seen him play but it was a penalty I'm pretty sure so hard to tell too much from that alone.

Yeah, it was a penalty and it drew a bit of attention as he and Sturridge had a brief argument over who should take it. Balotelli put himself about a fair bit and did alright, but I'd like to see him perform up to standard without any of the histrionics until at least the end of the season before I'd be willing to consider that he might be turning a corner. I've seen far too much of him to believe that he won't just go over another cliff at the first inkling of boredom or the first tough game.

With John Henry's emphasis on mental conditioning/training I hope we can see him improve, but I have to see months of improvement before I would say any of it has had an effect.

Damn. I like the guy. He's not my favorite player ever or anything, but so long as he's working hard, I don't mind him.

He's a good weapon to have. I think his difficulty scoring was more of a team thing than a him thing earlier in the season. Once Sturridge went down, we were never going to score a lot without someone to open up play.

Our attack needs a deep threat, just like an NFL offense. Mario is more like a tight end. He's great working into open space, but he's not running by safeties for 60 yard bombs. Now that we have some folks playing well, he'll round into form.

I fucking loved him taking the ball from Jordan's non-goal scoring English ass. That shit head missed many more chances than Mario ever saw when we were grinding.

Reactions: Vito
He is okay filling in if he can just float around while we dominate possession, but he doesn't fit at all in the current system. He's going to have to play for now since we don't habe Lucas or Gerrard, but maybe if Sakho weren't hurt, we could have Can slide up.