2016 Recap

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
2016 was a very active year for The Third Rail and we thank all of our members and supporters for creating the energy that pushed us to excel. Here is a list of what we accomplished this year:

• 21 watch parties at Playwright 35th. Thanks to our gracious away day bar, members received an hour of free beer for each match and a custom discounted food and drink menu
  • Our chapters hosted local watch parties in New Jersey, Westchester, Connecticut, and South Brooklyn
  • Bus trips to Philadelphia, New England and DC. All trips included free snacks and water on the bus
  • Hosted a free inter SG tailgate outside of Red Bull Arena. Complete with DJ, kegs and food
  • Produced a first ever stunt and put a Snapchat filter over the entirety of Red Bull Arena
  • Our Connecticut chapter hosted a free inter SG pre-game tailgate at New England
  • We produced four large scale tifo banners, one of which was a first ever scrolling panel
  • 20% membership discount at Upper 90 on NYCFC and Team USA apparel
  • Trip to the 2016 MLS Superdraft in Baltimore followed by a private party with Q&A session with Patrick Vieira and draft selection Jack Harrison at Slainte
  • Participated in the NYCFC pre-game video shoot
  • Participated in the ESPN app launch commercial
  • Distributed 600 scarves and membership cards to members at the home opener
  • Coordinated a canned food drive at the home opener, collecting food donations for BronxWorks
  • Participated in the FIFA Interactive World Cup Finals, including exhibition matches with finalists, and tickets to the grand finale event at the Apollo Theater
  • Third Rail Pride T-shirt sale, raising $100 for the New York Ramblers
  • Coordinated discounted tickets to the NYC Kicking and Screening Film Festival
  • Supported the NYC Soccer Initiative mini pitch grand opening at Mill Brook Houses in The Bronx
  • Donated $500 worth of school supplies to PS 49 (Bronx) students for the MLS 20 for 20 Initiative mini pitch unveiling
  • Coordinated The NYC Supporters Cup soccer tournament, which raised over $3000 for Street Soccer USA
  • Coordinated a Third Rail exclusive NYCFC training session visit
  • Raised and donated $300 to South Bronx United for their 6th Annual Benefit, this year honoring Jack Harrison
  • Created The Third Rail “Jolty” end of season player awards
  • Hosted an end of season party with guests and award recipients David Villa and Andoni Iraola along with Patrick Vieira and RJ Allen
  • Produced our first ever, and limited edition, New Era fitted cap, a derby day T-shirt, custom pin buttons, and introduced our new lifestyle supporters wear brand Electric City
  • Became the first supporters group ever to directly partner with Topps trading cards
  • Coordinated a limited engagement outing with Audi showcasing their Player Index at Chelsea Piers
  • Donated 40 tickets to Tickets for Troops Initiative
Offseason? What offseason? 2017 is just around the corner and we're hard at work preparing to do it bigger and better next season. Stay tuned for some exciting developments as we continue to grow and evolve!

Interested to see what the Topps card looks like.

This is/was the card. We just haven't printed it yet. (Because we wanted to edit the upside down scarves.) I'll likely do something else for the image and then we'll run 200 and give them away with the first 200 membership buys for next year.

card preview.png

cardpreviewback.png

Last edited:
This is/was the card. We just haven't printed it yet. (Because we wanted to edit the upside down scarves.) I'll likely do something else for the image and then we'll run 200 and give them away with the first 200 membership buys for next year.

View attachment 6178
View attachment 6179
*accidentally* Print 3-5 with the upside down scarves and they'll be the valuable ones.

View attachment 6178
View attachment 6179
That's pretty damn awesome.

You forgot the best thing about the entire year. That Tommy Mac goal celebration button. Probably the best piece of NYCFC merch there is haha. I need to get my hands on one...

That's pretty damn awesome.

You forgot the best thing about the entire year. That Tommy Mac goal celebration button. Probably the best piece of NYCFC merch there is haha. I need to get my hands on one...

I put it in there. 4th from the bottom. I just didn't break it out in detail. Just find me at the top of next season or at the poker game if you're going. It's just $1. We have a second set done already in all blue. Those will drop at the beginning of the season.