3,000 Accounts: Mission Accomplished

Gene

Registered
Donor
Mar 19, 2014
Down & Out
New York City FC Surpasses 3,000 Founding Member Accounts – New Benefits Unveiled

The first 3,000 Founding Member Accounts are in and have secured their place on a limited edition season ticket holder scarf. A large majority of these accounts own multiple seats and have helped grow and shape our club from the beginning as we move towards our inaugural season in 2015 at Yankee Stadium.

http://view.info.mlssoccer.com/?j=f...&l=fe63157875650c7b7510&s=fe20127572670075721

Sure wish the team would announce how many actual ST's are contained in those 3,000 accounts.......if for no other reason to shut up the doubters and give us some sort of comparison to OCSC & Atlanta.

About fucking time. I'm not worried. Our numbers are closer to the reality. Ultimately attendance figures are what matter. If we were giving away 8 tickets per account for $50 we'd have some really high number too.

Reactions: einwindir
Absolutely. Even if the actual number is about 5K, I believe those guaranteed tickets are a helluva lot more impressive than the 10K maybe seats they have sold (?) down in Georgia.

Surfing around the 'net this afternoon I see the #'s for Orlando is about 7,500 (FWIW).

It is funny seeing the circlejerk from Jersey, cosmos, orlando and other irrelevant twats on twitter.

New York City FC @NYCFC · 1h
#NYCFC surpasses 3,000 Founding Member ACCOUNTS - most of which have between 2-8 seats. Additional benefits unveiled: http://bit.ly/1mdU5ku

2-8 seats. Not bad. I replied to this tweet requesting a number for the actual number of seats sold.......even if it is a ballpark figure. I'll let you know if I get an answer..........in all honesty I'm not expecting one, but you never know.

Not bad for a brand extension feeder team with no grassroot movements or history; plastic and unauthentic fans; playing in a baseball stadium. Imagine what might have been if we weren't all that.

Reactions: einwindir
They're extending the founder status timeline. Not sure for how long.
My understanding is that all people who purchase Full ST's for the first season, even if it's on opening day, will be a founding member and is included in all benefits except for the scarf!

I have to think that if NYCFC had more tickets than 7.5, they'd announce it. So I'm assuming they're probably around 6k.
I agree. I bet they had a lot more people than they will admit only purchases one ticket per account due to the way the benefits were given. I have a friend who would have bought 4 tickets, but he, his wife and another couple ordered four separate accounts so they could each be founding members and get their name in stone.

Reactions: Samuel Youn
I'm also sure besides the fact that the NYC market is satured a lot of people will be buying single game tickets due to being unable to fully commit their time.

People are reporting that Orlando has 7,500 and Atlanta have 12,000 STH. But I think those are mostly deposits not actual season tickets purchased.
The Atlanta number is quite disingenuous. They, like us, only have deposits. However, unlike us they allowed each $50 deposit to reserve up to 8 seats with no penalty for cutting back. They also are fully refundable while NYCFC is non-refundable and had a per seat deposit. So most fans probably reserved more seats than they would plan on actually committing to because, well why not?
IMO, Atlanta just wanted to announce a huge number for PR reasons, which is why they set it up this way, but I bet if they started play sooner, they would end up with a significantly lower percentage of full commitments than we would. So in all, I would guess they are equal to us at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: BxLio91
The Atlanta number is quite disingenuous. They, like us, only have deposits. However, unlike us they allowed each $50 deposit to reserve up to 8 seats with no penalty for cutting back. They also are fully refundable while NYCFC is non-refundable and had a per seat deposit. So most fans probably reserved more seats than they would plan on actually committing to because, well why not?
IMO, Atlanta just wanted to announce a huge number for PR reasons, which is why they set it up this way, but I bet if they started play sooner, they would end up with a significantly lower percentage of full commitments than we would. So in all, I would guess they are equal to us at best.

Absolutely a PR move. ATL2017 know what they are doing and I wouldn't be surprised if their grassroots movement is as authentic as Americans for Prosperity.
http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article...mls-supporters-group-atlantas-terminus-legion makes a couple mentions of their PR plans.

I agree. I bet they had a lot more people than they will admit only purchases one ticket per account due to the way the benefits were given. I have a friend who would have bought 4 tickets, but he, his wife and another couple ordered four separate accounts so they could each be founding members and get their name in stone.

I made the mistake of getting my gf's and mine under the same account. She'll be pissed her name isn't on the scarf. sigh.

Absolutely. Even if the actual number is about 5K, I believe those guaranteed tickets are a helluva lot more impressive than the 10K maybe seats they have sold (?) down in Georgia.

Surfing around the 'net this afternoon I see the #'s for Orlando is about 7,500 (FWIW).

Just ask them how many season ticket holders they have per player on the club's books.

Reactions: BxLio91
Also, Atlanta and OC don't have another major team in their cities to compete with. If RB didn't exist, we'd have all their fans too.