5-month Payment Plan Question

OHNZNY

Registered
Oct 2, 2014
Hey All,

Quick question (and sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, can't seem to find it, feel free to move if this wasn't the right place to post this type of question).

I live in New York, and thus don't always have a ton of spare cash every month after rent and the like.

So, I decided to use the 5-month Payment Plan option for paying off my season tickets.

First payment was in September, then October, then November...then Account Manager said I didn't have one scheduled for December and instead my final payments were scheduled for January and Feb.

Anyone else have this happen to them, and know why it skipped December?

Just made my January payment, so only have one left, and it looks like everything is in good order when I look at my Account Manager page, but wanted to make sure there wasn't anything odd happening.

Were they trying to be nice by not adding a payment in December, with holiday expenses and all that?

Thanks!

Reactions: einwindir
It's a good end of year/holiday time policy, certainly helps, particularly when you have so many young supporters, and so many willing to get on board. Will it change over time? I hope not. They'll want their early, passionate supporters to get older with the club. I truly believe that those who are on board now and have the good sense to renew will be rewarded with a very valuable season ticket down the line, esp. once an arena situation is worked out. One thing they could do better would be to notify people via e-mail a couple of days in advance of a payment coming due. I, for instance, was affected by the Visa data breach late last autumn, and closed and replaced the card I had on file. Eventually got a message from the club saying my card had been declined. A little lead time would have allowed me to switch to the new card/number, or at least alert them it was in progress as I waited for the new card; things happen. I don't typically do auto-payments on credit card for just this reason, so a reminder would have been helpful.

That terrible group called Manchester City do the same over here. Its to help families over the holiday period.

You would think they would do something for the fans if they had any respect.........................

Oh, wait..............

Good deal, and thanks for the info.

Figured it was something like that, but I've had a few issues with Ticketmaster in the past, to say the least, so wanted to double-check that there wasn't a glitch somewhere in there.

Kudos!

It's a good end of year/holiday time policy, certainly helps, particularly when you have so many young supporters, and so many willing to get on board. Will it change over time? I hope not. They'll want their early, passionate supporters to get older with the club. I truly believe that those who are on board now and have the good sense to renew will be rewarded with a very valuable season ticket down the line, esp. once an arena situation is worked out. One thing they could do better would be to notify people via e-mail a couple of days in advance of a payment coming due. I, for instance, was affected by the Visa data breach late last autumn, and closed and replaced the card I had on file. Eventually got a message from the club saying my card had been declined. A little lead time would have allowed me to switch to the new card/number, or at least alert them it was in progress as I waited for the new card; things happen. I don't typically do auto-payments on credit card for just this reason, so a reminder would have been helpful.

It will continue. They do want to keep fans in the ground and help them in any way they are able to.

Regarding payment reminders, maybe one for the future, they do not do it in the UK yet. I had a failed payment this month due to a new credit card, all i did was logon to the club site and changed the details.

Perhaps when NYCFC start their online fan surveys you could raise it as an issue, they do tend to listen contrary to what some on here think.

I know it was said in the beginning that they would skip December due to holidays. I think that's very fair of them.

Reactions: LostAnvil
That terrible group called Manchester City do the same over here. Its to help families over the holiday period.

You would think they would do something for the fans if they had any respect.........................

Oh, wait..............
Just more evidence that willingness to shill for CFG is based on cash considerations.

Just more evidence that willingness to shill for CFG is based on cash considerations.

I am not shilling for CFG - How can you possibly see something negative in a situation designed to benefit fans and their families?

I am simply stating facts and answering a question.

Not everything CFG do is bad. I am not going to fall in line with the general theme of this forum just to appease the anti-CFG brigade.

Yes they screwed up, I am confident they will put it right somehow.

However, haters will always hate and nothing will change that.

Not everything CFG do is bad. I am not going to fall in line with the general theme of this forum just to appease the anti-CFG brigade
There are more people in this forum that don't agree with the line of thought you are referring to. There is no general theme...you have a skewed perspective because you spend your time in threads where this is discussed.

Last edited:
There are more people in this forun that don't agree with the line of thought you are referring to. There is no general theme...you have a skewed perspective because you spend your time in threads where this is discussed.

No I agree with your sentiment about the majority being very pissed but keeping their council on their views.

I spend my time in these threads because these are the ones that made me join, to try put another side across in a fairly respectful manner.