Andres Mendoza

Good size and young. Don't know much about him, but we need big lads on the backline for MLS physicality. That's an International spot taken as well.

Looking at that video he looks a very good player.

Does like to strike a ball.

How good are the defenders in the MLS?

some very good, some utter shit. Tim Ream did well here with Red Bull NY for a young player and was National team material. He struggled mightily in EPL but has done well in Championship

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm excited about this signing. This is the kind of signing I was hoping for. Young, about to hit their prime, upside, cheap, and discovered through the robust scouting network.

The scouting network is the major asset of the CFG connection that I hope this club is able to leverage. (See, I'm not all negative. Just mostly.)

I'm not sure about this guy, NYCFC will be his 9th club and he's only 25. The team he was signed from Deportivo Maldonado are currently in the Uruguayan 2nd division, the standard of the Uruguayan 1st division is no way comparable to the MLS, in a country that small I'd be surprised if their second division was even fully professional.

I'm not sure about this guy, NYCFC will be his 9th club and he's only 25. The team he was signed from Deportivo Maldonado are currently in the Uruguayan 2nd division, the standard of the Uruguayan 1st division is no way comparable to the MLS, in a country that small I'd be surprised if their second division was even fully professional.

I think you do Uruguay a disservice there. Their top clubs can be a handful for anyone and they produce world class players. I am not sure about the second division but the first would put up more than a fight against MLS clubs.

I think you do Uruguay a disservice there. Their top clubs can be a handful for anyone and they produce world class players. I am not sure about the second division but the first would put up more than a fight against MLS clubs.

Maybe I was kind of harsh, some of the better Uruguayan teams have done ok in the Copa Libertadores in the last few years. He was playing in the second division though, I would imagine the standard there can't be great, it'll be interesting to see if he can make the step up.

Reactions: mrplow2000
seems like a good signing.

cheap.south American. Young with tons of potential. Better than Lampard (young enough to mold) hopefully will bring in more folks to stadium, there is a big Ecuadorian immigrant population in the city I think second in the city as to soccer loving folks. (PR, DR, MX, EC, COL) mex and col being the other soccer loving countries.

Plus he's worn similar jersey colors, maybe he will acclimate better :)

My write-up on the Mendoza signing: http://t.co/z9YlqxZVU6

I knew this signing was coming for awhile. The player himself confirmed it in August and New York City FC just waited for the right time to release the information. Here is to hoping everything works out with his VISA.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
My write-up on the Mendoza signing: http://t.co/z9YlqxZVU6

I knew this signing was coming for awhile. The player himself confirmed it in August and New York City FC just waited for the right time to release the information. Here is to hoping everything works out with his VISA.

Your article is basically a rewrite of the club announcement. Where is your earlier article if you knew this was coming?

I mentioned seeing something on twitter before that post. I'll find it someday.

LOL that's crazy. @MagnusPax the Clairvoyant.

I don't know what you meant by crazy, but yea the rumor was known more of less.

And the more members we have from different backgrounds who hear rumors from countries where they understand the local language the more bulls eye we get as to players rumored.