Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Traded to Vancouver Whitecaps on 3/11/2016

Player: Andrew Jacobson
Joined Club: July 29, 2014
Position: Midfielder
Number: 4

517d06b712e48.image.jpg

Official Announcement: http://nycfc.com/News/Latest-News/2014/July/Andrew-Jacobson
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jacobson
MLS Stats: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/andrew-jacobson
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ajacobson005

Last edited:
This midfield is so crowded I don't know where to start.

Jacobson is highly touted, had a great couple of years with FC Dallas so Kreis saw how he plays which is why he was one of the early signings. I think what hurt his chances of being a consistent starter is the addition of Diskerud.

I have Grabavoy and Mix as two definite starters. That leaves Ballouchy, McNamara, Jacobson, Lampard (I know) and I think the Javier Calle rumors are true so include him in the discussion.

If Calle is as good as reports say, I see him stepping up leaving Jacobson on the outside looking in after July.

I think you are reading AJ wrong. He doesn't really play the same position as most of those players. Except for maybe Ned Grabavoy or Diskerud, Jacobson is a CM or CDM. Almost none of the players outside Diskerud or Lampard play this role. I think in Kreis's formation for most of 2015, NYCFC will play Mix up top as a attacking mid or at least on the wide positions. I think the main objective will be to get Mix involved in the offense. I see Jacobson playing the defensive midfield role. Ballouchy, McNamara, Velasquez and Calle do not play that role. Jacobson is the closest thing NYC has to a true midfield destroyer. Grabavoy can play it but he isn't built for it, he is better up top or out wide.

When Lampard comes in July there might be some conflict for spots. My guess is AJ starts and Lampard replaces him or vice versa. Lampard too is a attacking guy, maybe a pure CM, so even Frank replacing AJ is iffy.

I thought this was funny, especially consider who they were playing:
fc-dallas-orlando-city-2011-r3.jpg

Here they are as best buds:
houston-vs-dallas.jpg

Maybe he was just emphatically inviting him to a dinner after the game.

LOVE that he called that BS out just the way that he did. SO NEW YORK!!! He embarrassed Brek in front of 62k people. Brilliant!

He's going to get us in some trouble this year though. LOL
Thought Jacobson had a really strong game yesterday. And it was brilliant watching him make Shea look like a bitch. The temper he plays with reminds me a lof myself when I played in my younger days. I have a feeling we are goin to see him get sent off a couple of times this season.

LOVE that he called that BS out just the way that he did. SO NEW YORK!!! He embarrassed Brek in front of 62k people. Brilliant!

He's going to get us in some trouble this year though. LOL

lol this reminds me of a chant at the event at Banter yesterday after any time a orlando player got a yellow for diving or the red was given to collin or scuffles between players occured they kept chanting " nyc aint one to f**k wit" lol or something like that

Too be honest, if he is really going to claim that CDM spot, he needs to show some spitfire. This is a start.

Check out how many red cards Kyle Beckerman or Osvaldo Alonso has.

I'm sure "Brek" had flashbacks to the Dallas days and decided he wanted no parts of AJ

Clearly not a mid fielder. He should be benched for that atrocious miss on a great pass by Villa today (against RSL). Any other starting MF at least puts that on net. Shoot, anyone who has kicked a soccer ball puts that on net.

Reactions: Gavin23
Clearly not a mid fielder. He should be benched for that atrocious miss on a great pass by Villa today (against RSL). Any other starting MF at least puts that on net. Shoot, anyone who has kicked a soccer ball puts that on net.
He is a midfielder but he isn't the defensive shield that Kreis wants him to be.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Just watched the replay on YES -- that marking by Jacobson on the MTL goal was atrocious. I don't know if he was ever within 2 meters of his man and he killed Saunders' clean sheet...

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Just watched the replay on YES -- that marking by Jacobson on the MTL goal was atrocious. I don't know if he was ever within 2 meters of his man and he killed Saunders' clean sheet...
How much is that in inches, a lot of people don't know the metric system since we does use it here in the states.