Atlanta United Logo/colors

I think it's a terrible logo. It's bland, boring, lazily put together and looks like minimal effort was put into it. Much like the name they chose.

And that hashtag, lol #atlolutd

Better than Real Salt Lake...thats all that matters to me.
I really don't think so. It fits in a town that also houses the Utah Jazz. Its odd but kinda clever to me. Plus, RSL IS that team. I think fans would go nuts if you tried to change the name.

United is the blandest team name on planet Earth at this point. I think maybe its an olive branch to the Silverbacks fans? I dunno.

I like the logo being American-esque though.

I really don't think so. It fits in a town that also houses the Utah Jazz. Its odd but kinda clever to me. Plus, RSL IS that team. I think fans would go nuts if you tried to change the name.

United is the blandest team name on planet Earth at this point. I think maybe its an olive branch to the Silverbacks fans? I dunno.

I like the logo being American-esque though.

Ill take bland over stupid and names that make no sense any day of the week. Utah Jazz is also a dumb name.

I said in another thread I wish they went with Terminus FC but whatever.

It's a good crest, but not great. It doesn't match up to the crests of the two newest members of the league, both of which kick ass.

For Atlanta, the red and black have a decent tradition for local sports (Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs). Having striped uniforms would be great. The name is silly. The copying of European soccer franchise names is now officially overdone. A local paper actually held a fan vote for a name last year, and the winner was much better - the Atlanta Phoenix. It maintains the tradition of pro teams named after birds, and it's long been associated with that city what with the whole "rising from the ashes" theme.

sites%2Fleague%2Ffiles%2Fimage_nodes%2F2014%2F09%2FNYCFC-Orlando-City-SC-Split-Screen.jpg

It's a good crest, but not great. It doesn't match up to the crests of the two newest members of the league, both of which kick ass.

For Atlanta, the red and black have a decent tradition for local sports (Falcons, Hawks, Bulldogs). Having striped uniforms would be great. The name is silly. The copying of European soccer franchise names is now officially overdone. A local paper actually held a fan vote for a name last year, and the winner was much better - the Atlanta Phoenix. It maintains the tradition of pro teams named after birds, and it's long been associated with that city what with the whole "rising from the ashes" theme.

sites%2Fleague%2Ffiles%2Fimage_nodes%2F2014%2F09%2FNYCFC-Orlando-City-SC-Split-Screen.jpg
While I agree that United wasn't the best choice, I like it a lot better than the Atlanta Phoenix. I don't really like mascot/theme names in soccer and that name sounds so MLS 1.0.

I agree with Gavin23 Gavin23 that something like Terminus FC (or SC) would have been much better. It's original, has local history in the name, feels like a name similar to Arsenal without being a cookie cutter rip off.

Reactions: Gavin23
While I agree that United wasn't the best choice, I like it a lot better than the Atlanta Phoenix. I don't really like mascot/theme names in soccer and that name sounds so MLS 1.0.

I agree with Gavin23 Gavin23 that something like Terminus FC (or SC) would have been much better. It's original, has local history in the name, feels like a name similar to Arsenal without being a cookie cutter rip off.
I don't like Atlanta Phoenix because we might one day have Phoenix, Arizona in the league and... well, you can see.

I hope if/when Phoenix joins, they're the Phoenix Firebirds. :D

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
I don't like Atlanta Phoenix because we might one day have Phoenix, Arizona in the league and... well, you can see.

I hope if/when Phoenix joins, they're the Phoenix Firebirds. :D

Ironically, there's a good chance it would be Arizona United, the USL team.

So to avoid the confusion that might exist by naming an Atlanta team Phoenix, they named the Atlanta team United, which is the name of the team... in Phoenix.

three-stooges-curly-bs.gif

So to avoid the confusion that might exist by naming an Atlanta team Phoenix, they named the Atlanta team United, which is the name of the team... in Phoenix.
We can totally solve this problem by having the two teams combine into one when they join the league. They could, well, uh, unite.

See? Fixed!

Ironically, there's a good chance it would be Arizona United, the USL team.

three-stooges-curly-bs.gif
Then its settled.

Rename Arizona United to Phoenix Firebirds. :D

The logo is okay for me, but I am so sick of these names with united! It is getting uncreative and cringe worthy now.

Notts County!!! :cool:
Derby County
Stockport County
Newport County

Hang on, all 4 of those went into financial administration at least once. It's probably not a good idea.

Better team names:
- Atlanta Burning, just like Chicago Fire
- Hotlanta FC
- Atlanta Falcons SC
- Atlanta Coca-Colas FC
- Big Peach FC
- Athletic Club Atlanta City United Football Soccer Club (ACACUFSC)