Away - 03/21 Colorado Rapids

Deshorn Brown was just traded to a team in Norway.

Colorado are very good at home, but awful away. Two defensive suspensions should be interesting. Their CB Axel Sjoberg is really physical. I expect him and Nemec to face off against each other.

I called for a 3-1 NYCFC victory. I agree with previous comments about altitude, but Kreis knows how to prepare a team for that so I have more confidence that he will manage that well.

Week 1 versus Phil, Colorado had the ball 38% of the time. With that much possession NYCFC can let the ball do the work.

Reactions: Paul
I don't know if Nemec gets the start, Sjoberg is a giant but slow footed so they might try and attack Axel the giant with speed.

sjobergsuperdraft.jpg

I don't know if Nemec gets the start, Sjoberg is a giant but slow footed so they might try and attack Axel the giant with speed.

sjobergsuperdraft.jpg

Nemec is probably best positioned to absorb Sjoberg's elbows. A couple Union players almost received TKOs; not joking - Sapong is out with a fractured cheekbone AND concussion (In fairness to Sjoberg, some say Sapong jumped into the defender). However, they don't call them "Foulorado" for nothing.

Reactions: JayH and SayWhat44
I want… no I NEED Khiry to start.

Let him dazzle where he grew up. Let him put on a show for friends and family. Velasquez looked pretty poor last game. Ballouchy didn't look much better before. Start Khiry on the wing, maybe even in a 4-3-3 if you want to keep Villa and Nemec up top.

I'd start Khiry over Nemec. I wouldn't want him over exerting himself in the thinner air. I think Nemec would be great to use as a battering ram when their players are exhausted later in the game.

Reactions: TabascoDiva

Let him dazzle where he grew up. Let him put on a show for friends and family. Velasquez looked pretty poor last game. Ballouchy didn't look much better before. Start Khiry on the wing, maybe even in a 4-3-3 if you want to keep Villa and Nemec up top.

I'd start Khiry over Nemec. I wouldn't want him over exerting himself in the thinner air. I think Nemec would be great to use as a battering ram when their players are exhausted later in the game.

Colorado is likely to play a 4-5-1 and I fear that Colorado would overwhelm our midfield if we went with a 4-3-3. Regardless of our formation, I do feel we must attack this game and put pressure on the Rapids back line. I don't know how far up I want the outside backs to go -- I trust Kreis on that one.

This is definitely a winnable game on the calendar. I'm thinking a 3-0 victory this time for the 3 points. Mix finally gets that hat trick I've been talking about for a long time now.

Reactions: JayH

What were you watching? Velasquez was much better than Ballouchy, he only lacks the effort at defense. Besides, as Kreis's RSL guys, Sebastian is better prepared for 90 at 'tude.

I will be shocked if Nemec is benched.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Actually, I'm fine with Nemec starting but I think Mullins would be better. Shelton off the bench is working, so ride that til it quits.

I just want to see how long we can stay at #1 to everyone's shock/horror.

Reactions: Goodfella
Actually, I'm fine with Nemec starting but I think Mullins would be better. Shelton off the bench is working, so ride that til it quits.

I just want to see how long we can stay at #1 to everyone's shock/horror.
I have the opposite thought process, if he is good as a sub, let's get him more minutes, start him, and let him tell us why he can't handle that.