Away - 03/21 Colorado Rapids

I don't feel bad with the red cards since we gain the lead before it happens~ Hoping that another 3 points is in the bag.
the red against Khiry was a brilliant attack on our part, Nemec put the ball in a perfect spot, and they fouled tactically. You want things like that to happen. We were rewarded with that red, it wasn't gifted to us

Colorado Rapids have signed Kevin Doyle pending the receipt of his P-1 visa, ITC and medical so not available for selection tomorrow

http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2015/03/colorado-rapids-sign-striker-kevin-doyle

Projected lineup from Denver post; if Cronin does start, look for him to support the center backs and try to disrupt any forward movement by Mix.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rapids/...-lineups-for-march-21-2015-home-opener/26877/
COL-vs-NYCFC.jpg

Latest Rapids podcast is here:

http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/...es-kevin-doyle-think-his-forthcoming-move-mls

Last edited:
I am just wondering if the back four will change.

I was thinking that they could drop Brovsky, move Wingert to left back, Williams alongside Henandez and Facey at right back.

Does anyone believe that would help strengthen the defence?

So what sort of advantage will Colorado have because of the altitude?
From training in the low oxygen environment, their bone marrow has already compensated by producing more red blood cells. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin which combines with oxygen to form oxyhemoglobin, a chemical that can donate oxygen to the muscles or organs. This oxygen is used as part of the Krebs cycle to transform ADP in the cell to ATP, which can be used to power contraction of the actin myosin ladder and on a gross scale, muscle contraction. if this process occurs in a low oxygen environment, a state our players will reach faster, due to the relatively lower hemoglobin content in their blood, lactic acid forms and builds up in the middle tissue. Lactic acid causes feelings of fatigue and reduced muscle power output, so our players will tire faster in the game.

This is counteracted by the higher talent level on our team, so no net advantage. We will be up by 3 by the time we get tired

I am just wondering if the back four will change.

I was thinking that they could drop Brovsky, move Wingert to left back, Williams alongside Henandez and Facey at right back.

Does anyone believe that would help strengthen the defence?
Shay has to play. He looked great for the short bit he played.

From training in the low oxygen environment, their bone marrow has already compensated by producing more red blood cells. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin which combines with oxygen to form oxyhemoglobin, a chemical that can donate oxygen to the muscles or organs. This oxygen is used as part of the Krebs cycle to transform ADP in the cell to ATP, which can be used to power contraction of the actin myosin ladder and on a gross scale, muscle contraction. if this process occurs in a low oxygen environment, a state our players will reach faster, due to the relatively lower hemoglobin content in their blood, lactic acid forms and builds up in the middle tissue. Lactic acid causes feelings of fatigue and reduced muscle power output, so our players will tire faster in the game.

This is counteracted by the higher talent level on our team, so no net advantage. We will be up by 3 by the time we get tired
Ya, he beat me to it...

Rapids are reporting that Hairston is out (he probably wasn't going to play anyways). Marcelo Sarvas and Juan Ramirez are listed as questionable. Don't think Sarvas will play, but I bet Ramirez does.

I have to admit I know next to nothing about the Rapids. Reading that projected roster most of the names mean little to me. Caring a lot about MLS is new to me. The fact that I'm so pumped for 4 PM tomorrow and the morning EPL and Euro League games are just an appetizer is totally fresh. So I'm not I can't make an intelligent prediction Rapids could be great or horrible for all I know.

Reactions: BlueCityRadio
2 of their starting backline are suspended. We are an expansion club and our defense has more experience together than the Rapids. I think Villa is going to be slicing through them.

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
Is there going to be a stream for this game since it'd not televised nationally and a lot of us don't have the YES Network?

Rapids are reporting that Hairston is out (he probably wasn't going to play anyways). Marcelo Sarvas and Juan Ramirez are listed as questionable. Don't think Sarvas will play, but I bet Ramirez does.
Wow, lady luck is being kind to us if Sarvas is out.

Not sure if he'll play but Colorado just signed Kevin Doyle from Ireland:
CAkrhe0UUAA9wWZ.png