Away - August 17 - Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thought Ofori should start this match for rotation in the lineup. Unfortunately he's listed out with a knee injury.

Injury Report
Ebenezer Ofori (knee) - OUT
Joe Scally (hip) - OUT
Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (ankle) - OUT
Alex Callens (hamstring) - QUESTIONABLE
Anton Tinnerholm (hamstring) - QUESTIONABLE

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Really thought Ofori should start this match for rotation in the lineup. Unfortunately he's listed out with a knee injury.

Injury Report
Ebenezer Ofori (knee) - OUT
Joe Scally (hip) - OUT
Ismael Tajouri-Shradi (ankle) - OUT
Alex Callens (hamstring) - QUESTIONABLE
Anton Tinnerholm (hamstring) - QUESTIONABLE
His injury may force time on to Haak.

Reactions: adam
His injury may force time on to Haak.

Not a bad thing. I think Haak should get some playing time. He was pretty solid in his USOC game and I think he's plenty good enough to play vs. FCC. Given the need to rotate players and yellow card suspension, Dome has a lot to think about. While a win here vs FCC would be great - a win vs the Red Bulls is much more important emotionally.

My lineup would be:

GMS - Heber - Medina
Parks - Ring - Haak
Sweat - Sands - Chanot - Miller

Ring and Chanot would be subbed out at halftime and basically told to get a yellow card so they get a mandatory rest vs. CLB.
Sub out Heber at the 60th minute for Taty. Plan to start Taty vs CLB and sub him out at the 60th minute too.
Sub out Medina for Mitri and Parks for Maxi mid-second half for an offensive push to finish off the game.

Obviously this is assuming things go well and we dominate FCC.

edit: lol. just realized i used 5 subs... cancel the Ring/Chanot sub. They can play the full game since they get the mandatory rest vs CLB.

Last edited:
Are we one of the only teams in the league to do an injury report? I can't find much on FCC. Garza has been out a while and returned to practice recently, and could start this match, but I can't find much else. Last meeting was in the middle of the Gold Cup, so this will be a different team, including Waston in the back (who can and will kill us on set pieces). Really feel that one of our wingers is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Probably going to need 2 goals.

Are we one of the only teams in the league to do an injury report? I can't find much on FCC. Garza has been out a while and returned to practice recently, and could start this match, but I can't find much else. Last meeting was in the middle of the Gold Cup, so this will be a different team, including Waston in the back (who can and will kill us on set pieces). Really feel that one of our wingers is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Probably going to need 2 goals.
I rather doubt we are more forthcoming than necessary when it comes to making an official report to the league, but I'm not sure all teams post an injury report article on their site. The MLS match center has this, which does not always get updated as the week progresses (as I expect you are aware):

• Injury Report:
    • OUT: Jimmy McLaughlin (M) - right ACL surgery
    • QUESTIONABLE: Fatai Alashe (M) - hamstring injury
    • QUESTIONABLE: Kekuta Manneh (M) - shoulder injury
    • QUESTIONABLE: Greg Garza (D) - right calf injury
    • QUESTIONABLE: Fanendo Adi (F) - calf injury
    • QUESTIONABLE: Frankie Amaya (M) - groin injury
    • QUESTIONABLE: Spencer Richey (GK) - back injury
  • Suspended: None
  • Suspended after next caution: Kendall Waston (D)
  • International duty: None

Reactions: adam
NYCFC needs to get some road points after the big Ls to RSL and Atlanta. A top tier MLS team gets about 1 PPG on the road. Cincy is also the worst team in the East at home.

3 are a must here after the two recent road losses. Anything else is a disaster if they want to challenge for the first spot in the East.

Reactions: LionNYC
NYCFC needs to get some road points after the big Ls to RSL and Atlanta. A top tier MLS team gets about 1 PPG on the road. Cincy is also the worst team in the East at home.

3 are a must here after the two recent road losses. Anything else is a disaster if they want to challenge for the first spot in the East.

Huh? RSL is 4th in the West and 9-2-1 at home. ATL is 2nd in the East and 10-1-3 at home. Any team, even a championship one, can’t be faulted for losing those away matches. However, yes, we should beat FCC tonight. I’m just not jumping out a window due to those two losses you mentioned.

Huh? RSL is 4th in the West and 9-2-1 at home. ATL is 2nd in the East and 10-1-3 at home. Any team, even a championship one, can’t be faulted for losing those away matches. However, yes, we should beat FCC tonight. I’m just not jumping out a window due to those two losses you mentioned.
Oh boy, here comes Adam again with his "facts".

Status
Not open for further replies.