Away - March 2 - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I would do.

I have no idea what we will do.

View attachment 9589

Bench: JLew, Taty, Scrooge, Sandman, Scally, Ibby, Barraza

I swap Medina for Lewis but other than that I agree. Are you optimistic about Medina this season? Honestly asking since I'm pretty down on him, I'd be interested in hearing some reason for hope.

I don't like it but I think Dome starts Ofori over Parks just out of familiarity.

Orlando City vs New York City FC
Orlando City Stadium (2:30PM ET)
REF: Baldomero Toledo
AR1: Kyle Atkins
AR2: Kevin Klinger
4TH: Malik Badawi
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
AVAR: Peter Balciunas

I've never heard of the AR2, 4th, or AVAR ever.

Reactions: Kjbert
I swap Medina for Lewis but other than that I agree. Are you optimistic about Medina this season? Honestly asking since I'm pretty down on him, I'd be interested in hearing some reason for hope.

I don't like it but I think Dome starts Ofori over Parks just out of familiarity.
I was pretty borderline on Medina and Lewis. In the end, I think Lewis is just really good as an offensive spark off the bench, so I am happier with him having that role to start and we can see how Medina does.

I was pretty borderline on Medina and Lewis. In the end, I think Lewis is just really good as an offensive spark off the bench, so I am happier with him having that role to start and we can see how Medina does.
Remember, you’ve got to manage personalities too.... Lewis is coming off his MNT stint and some good (that’s relative for the team that barely scored) preseason minutes. If he’s benched in favor of a guy that’s done nothing but disappear in the same preseason matches, what’s that do to the locker room? Hurts Lewis psyche and sends a message to the team that favorites are being played.

Remember, you’ve got to manage personalities too.... Lewis is coming off his MNT stint and some good (that’s relative for the team that barely scored) preseason minutes. If he’s benched in favor of a guy that’s done nothing but disappear in the same preseason matches, what’s that do to the locker room? Hurts Lewis psyche and sends a message to the team that favorites are being played.

I think Lewis deservedly starts but sadly managing personalities both the player's and the FO is also the reason Medina starts at the expense of ITS.

Considering we don’t play with a traditional striker and we struggle to enter the final third of the field, you go with the guy who may have one moment of brilliance. That’s Lewis.

Considering we don’t play with a traditional striker and we struggle to enter the final third of the field, you go with the guy who may have one moment of brilliance. That’s Lewis.
I'm curious. I know that Medina disappears a lot. But what do you call his moments of assists and goals? Are those less brilliant than Lewis's? Personally, I'd like to see Lewis start. But I also don't feel the same pessimism or disregard for the contributions Medina made in his first year.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm curious. I know that Medina disappears a lot. But what do you call his moments of assists and goals? Are those less brilliant than Lewis's? Personally, I'd like to see Lewis start. But I also don't feel the same pessimism or disregard for the contributions Medina made in his first year.

Not brilliant.

I don’t think we’re that good offensively. I think we need to play with 3 guys up front who can turn nothing into a goal out of nowhere. That would be Mitrita, Lewis and Tajouri-Shradi.

Status
Not open for further replies.