Away - September 2 - New England (Postgame)

He may have had some good moments and I'm just fixating on some not so good moments... and I still don't see him contributing in any real meaningful way.

Hmm... The play leading up to the first goal was a Tinnerholm - GMS - Tinnerholm play, and I remember a few other times he had good link-up. Again, I'm not saying he is always *terrific* or anything, just saying that I thought yesterday he had a great game [compared to what he's given us in the past].

Hmm... The play leading up to the first goal was a Tinnerholm - GMS - Tinnerholm play, and I remember a few other times he had good link-up. Again, I'm not saying he is always *terrific* or anything, just saying that I thought yesterday he had a great game [compared to what he's given us in the past].
Are you Scottish? Is this some brotherhood of the land of unicorns thing happening?

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo
Are you Scottish? Is this some brotherhood of the land of unicorns thing happening?
Maybe my judgement is just terrible, idk. Sorry that I happened to be happy with a player yesterday that you weren't happy with. We all have to agree 100% on the players that are shit and the players that are good

• Haha
Reactions: Jock
Maybe my judgement is just terrible, idk. Sorry that I happened to be happy with a player yesterday that you weren't happy with. We all have to agree 100% on the players that are shit and the players that are good
I was just trying to be lighthearted And funny but it has landed like German airship in Jersey.
No more GMS or Scottish talk from me and I do hope he was better than I perceived.
I also loved my time in Scotland. Great people and fish and chips. Shout out to the Dolphin in Aberdeen.

I thought SJ had one of his best games in recent memory. Great distribution. Calm on the ball. The save on that Bou shot was immaculate and had another diving to his right in the second half. Good to have him back to where we need him.

Thought GMS had a productive game on the wing. He saw a lot of the ball which usually means he's making good runs and finding space. It's also a credit to Tinnerholm, who, along with Mata, has flourished as he gets more comfortable in the system. Maxi had a rusty game, but he'll bounce back in a heartbeat, especially against a laughable DC side.

Good to go streaking again.

Great people and fish and chips. Shout out to the Dolphin in Aberdeen.
omfg you mentioned the thing I love and miss the most....... :coldsweat: (ETA: uh, aside from my family, obviously......)

Also, good thing you saw that dolphin in Aberdeen because if it had been a Glasgow dolphin it would have tried to stab you.

And.... to stay kind of on topic - we assume that dolphin was also one of GMS's swimming buddies (eyo!)

I was just trying to be lighthearted And funny but it has landed like German airship in Jersey.
No more GMS or Scottish talk from me and I do hope he was better than I perceived.
I also loved my time in Scotland. Great people and fish and chips. Shout out to the Dolphin in Aberdeen.

GMS brings some things to the attack that are over shadowed by his frustrating inability to beat anyone when he has the ball. Off ball he is more active than any of our other wingers. He makes aggressive runs that open space for others and he will do it over and over even if he never sees the ball.

Heber seems most suited as a link up striker with lots of movement around him which GMS provides. Mitri and Medina are way better on ball than GMS but they don't really make runs as both prefer to float in space around the 18 and have much lower work rates. ITS is the best blend of skills and movement but he's hurt a lot. Taty is very active but both Heber and Taty need to be central so unless they switch to a 2 striker formation we're a bit stuck there.

Given the current roster construction none of the options are ideal if we want to stick with a 4-3-3. Play Mitri/Heber/Medina and there is no motion and everything is too predictable. Swap GMS in for one of the wingers and you get motion to open things up for others but he's going to waste possessions when he needs to do something on ball. Play Heber or Taty on a wing and waste some of their skills. Try to get motion by having Ring charge into the box from the midfield but deal with the fact that he has the finesse of a guy thats played as a holding CDM his whole career.

ronny said we didn't see isi cause he didn't want to risk him back from injury on turf. fair enough.

he also said he doesn't understand why all the reporters were asking him about squad rotation cause that isn't on his mind at all.

that is a bit concerning. if he's gonna run our guys ragged, we're gonna get injuries and they will happen when we need a full squad the most (i.e., playoffs)

Reactions: Schwallacus
Sorry, it's kinda hard to tell tone of voice on internet forums; that's where emojis or gifs really come into play

giphy.gif

And hopefully dodge copyright strikes :cool:

from the little i gather alot of the lofi artists are independent artists so not many are signed to any major labels so i guess makes to try and use their music.

omfg you mentioned the thing I love and miss the most....... :coldsweat: (ETA: uh, aside from my family, obviously......)

Also, good thing you saw that dolphin in Aberdeen because if it had been a Glasgow dolphin it would have tried to stab you.

And.... to stay kind of on topic - we assume that dolphin was also one of GMS's swimming buddies (eyo!)
One day I had breakfast lunch and dinner at the Dolphin. I was much much younger then.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
ronny said we didn't see isi cause he didn't want to risk him back from injury on turf. fair enough.

he also said he doesn't understand why all the reporters were asking him about squad rotation cause that isn't on his mind at all.

that is a bit concerning. if he's gonna run our guys ragged, we're gonna get injuries and they will happen when we need a full squad the most (i.e., playoffs)
I thought it was weird when he had that response to squad rotation yesterday considering he told Crooks earlier in the week that we were going to need to rotate the squad a bit.

Reactions: Kjbert