Away - September 2 - New England (Postgame)

I didn’t really see a whole lot last night to get excited about last night. I understand why Ronny is playing Ring at LW but we sacrifice so much offensively for it that it really bogged things down. Why not put Taty back there? He was there against Philly and I thought looked pretty good there. There were many instances where the spacing on the left between Mata/Ring/Maxi was just really really poor and I’m certain it’s because Ring didn’t know what spaces to exploit in that position.

The big headliner from last night IMO was the difference on the corners. Yeah, we scored a goal from one but also had two headers on target that required saves.

I noted on Twitter that before last night’s match nearly all of our corners been inswingers (like, at least over 90%, I’m still working on this). Last night we had 13 corners and 12 of those were outswingers, with the big chances coming at the near post.

After the match, Ronny said that his was something that came from Rob V. and he didn’t have much to do with it personally, and it’s something I’m hoping to dig more into as I can find some time

I didn’t really see a whole lot last night to get excited about last night. I understand why Ronny is playing Ring at LW but we sacrifice so much offensively for it that it really bogged things down. Why not put Taty back there? He was there against Philly and I thought looked pretty good there. There were many instances where the spacing on the left between Mata/Ring/Maxi was just really really poor and I’m certain it’s because Ring didn’t know what spaces to exploit in that position.

I feel like I can see the argument for putting him there - he has, at times, some decent poise and ability to be the pivot in a passing movement with one or two nice touches. He did drop back often enough to be useful deeper on the pitch and popped up in some decent places in the final third, even if he was ineffective. I guess if you compare him to someone that could theoretically be deployed in a similar role, say Jesus Medina, then Ring edges it slightly, for me, in terms of what he has to offer.

ETA: I remember just a few games ago too, when he was being deployed much deeper and his passing and distribution was atrocious. Maybe part of this move higher up is trying to mitigate that?

aaaaahahaha, I assumed you had meant an actual dolphin! fml.....

I guess I'm breaking my "oath" not to talk GMS and Scotland but memories are coming back.

This has nothing to do with Post Revs game but sue me. I'm feeling good...

Are you a Glaswegian? (is that correct?) I had a hell of a night in Glasgow many years ago. A bevy of free pints of Guinness from playing a trivia promotion game the company had left at bars. I knew all the American sports answers and my adopted friends for the night got all the UK questions. (this was pre-internet so no cheating) They carted me from place to place until dawn. It was a great send off from strangers as it was my last night in Europe after over a month of bumming around.
I can't believe I found my way back to the hostel as I was still intoxicated in an unfamiliar city. I miraculously woke up and made it to the airport just on time. Angels were watching over me.
So I raise a toast to Scotland and strangers who were the best friends I could have asked for.

And now I feel like a jerk for harping on GMS and will watch the game with a wider perspective.
Thanks for letting me walk all this out.
Peace.

I guess I'm breaking my "oath" not to talk GMS and Scotland but memories are coming back.

This has nothing to do with Post Revs game but sue me. I'm feeling good...

Are you a Glaswegian? (is that correct?) I had a hell of a night in Glasgow many years ago. A bevy of free pints of Guinness from playing a trivia promotion game the company had left at bars. I knew all the American sports answers and my adopted friends for the night got all the UK questions. (this was pre-internet so no cheating) They carted me from place to place until dawn. It was a great send off from strangers as it was my last night in Europe after over a month of bumming around.
I can't believe I found my way back to the hostel as I was still intoxicated in an unfamiliar city. I miraculously woke up and made it to the airport just on time. Angels were watching over me.
So I raise a toast to Scotland and strangers who were the best friends I could have asked for.

And now I feel like a jerk for harping on GMS and will watch the game with a wider perspective.
Thanks for letting me walk all this out.
Peace.

giphy.gif

and I'm not Glaswegian, but [redacted language taking a big dump on Glaswegians as stabby NEDs].

I've been a critic of Gaz when merited, no doubt he needs to do better, but he said himself in interviews that last season he came into the team having already played a full season and that he needs fitness and sharpness before the flashy bits come out. Also, from watching him years ago, he had moments to criticize, but really came into his element bombing down the left and taking people on. We've seen some of that when he has played there for NYCFC, but I'd bet there's more pressure on him on the right, when he has to turn and take on people directly. Either way, I can tell the wee man is trying (almost enough) and, yes, I will always offer a full throated support of my brethren, no matter the issue :hearteyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
from the little i gather alot of the lofi artists are independent artists so not many are signed to any major labels so i guess makes to try and use their music.
Yeah this one comes from Harris Hellar who puts free stuff out for streamers/youtube.

Sorry, it's kinda hard to tell tone of voice on internet forums; that's where emojis or gifs really come into play

giphy.gif
Conair? So I got stuck on the TMC channel a few days ago and watched ‘US Marshals’ which was bad but still enjoyable. The next movie was Con Air and I’ve seen it a few times just because it’s so bad and I have to say that must be the worst in movie accent of all time. Unbearable.

• Haha
Reactions: Jock
Matarrita is playing the best football of his career right now. At 26, he should be looking for a move abroad. He’s realizing his potential. I think he’s been our best player so far and it’s not even close.
I’m just glad we’re not spending pages and pages of Postmatch thread talking crap about him. Could be the change Deila has brought which is keeping him in his position more so he’s not tracking back as much. Haven’t really took note but he hasn’t cost us goals at least.

As an Everton fan, we had back to back years where our player of the season was our RB and then our LB.

It’s usually not a good sign.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I’m just glad we’re not spending pages and pages of Postmatch thread talking crap about him. Could be the change Deila has brought which is keeping him in his position more so he’s not tracking back as much. Haven’t really took note but he hasn’t cost us goals at least.
To be fair to Mata, last year he was also one of our best players for huge portions of the season... it's just that he had a tendency to mess up in big games. We're yet to see what happens in _really_ big games this year, but I have hopes he's learning :)

Reactions: Kjbert