Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Dec 18, 2014
NY/US/NA/E/SS/OA/MW/LG/VS/OU
285%3E_10276409.jpg

http://blueballssoccer.podomatic.com/entry/2015-01-20T06_58_42-08_00

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
As serious as a soccer field in Yankee stadium.

So, 65% serious.
As I mentioned on Reddit, I love the name, however, I hope it doesn't bite you in the ass down the road when trying to get guests for interviews.

I listen to The Hole podcast (previously The Glory Hole) and they got more interviews when they changed names.

Just a thought.

Reactions: einwindir
Down the line, depending on the course the show wants to take, we might make some alterations. At the moment, we're still trying to figure out what kind of a show we want to put on.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Down the line, depending on the course the show wants to take, we might make some alterations. At the moment, we're still trying to figure out what kind of a show we want to put on.
A name change may be good for the reasons LostAnvil LostAnvil mentioned. As far as the content itself, I don't think you should really change anything. What sets you apart from the others is the fact that you guys sound like you guys are just having a conversation rather than putting on a radio show. Over time you'll both become more and more comfortable with the medium and the show will only benefit from it.

I look forward to hearing more from you guys.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Also something is wrong with the podomatic app. I'm only able to listen to the first 90 seconds there. Anyone else having this problem?

A name change may be good for the reasons LostAnvil LostAnvil mentioned. As far as the content itself, I don't think you should really change anything. What sets you apart from the others is the fact that you guys sound like you guys are just having a conversation rather than putting on a radio show.

If there's too many "serious" podcasts out there, it gets boring. Don't change the name. Be you.

If there's too many "serious" podcasts out there, it gets boring. Don't change the name. Be you.
The podcast can still be fun with a less "ballsy" name - it was just something I thought about after hearing what The Hole podcast had to deal with when trying to get guests under the name The Glory Hole.

Try asking Frank Lampard if he'd like to be interviewed by Blue Balls - although, he might not catch the double entendre ... but you get what I mean