Bundesliga

I'm a diehard Schalke supporter and hope we can finish 3rd next week with a win against Nürnberg, which would be a great ending to a good season, after we were forced to deal with a lot of injuries to key players all over the year.
But I'm very excited about our future. We have arguably the best youth system in Germany and one of the best in Europe (SF in the UEFA Youth League). We have several great prospects, who have already joined our squad and helped us to wrap up this 3rd rank, or who are just knocking the door. If we can sell Draxler in summer for €45 Mio we are also going to have good financial options to make our roster even more competitive. There is a lot to like about this team!
I don't think the future of the Bundesliga is going to be very bright. Bayern just understood they have to take their money to remain competitive internationally. But they are the only German team that has this kind of financial ressources. Like the other teams Dortmund is more a developing team, which still runs best with buying young, cheap players and make the Superstars. But they have to sell them on a long term because they can't compete with Top-Tier teams in Europe on a financial base.
Even if the Bundesliga is the Top-4 League with the fewest debts and the best economical situation, the teams can stil not compete on the highest level because of that 50+1 rule (only 49% of a clubs holdings to one person), which keeps the big fish away

I'm a diehard Schalke supporter and hope we can finish 3rd next week with a win against Nürnberg, which would be a great ending to a good season, after we were forced to deal with a lot of injuries to key players all over the year.
But I'm very excited about our future. We have arguably the best youth system in Germany and one of the best in Europe (SF in the UEFA Youth League). We have several great prospects, who have already joined our squad and helped us to wrap up this 3rd rank, or who are just knocking the door. If we can sell Draxler in summer for €45 Mio we are also going to have good financial options to make our roster even more competitive. There is a lot to like about this team!
I don't think the future of the Bundesliga is going to be very bright. Bayern just understood they have to take their money to remain competitive internationally. But they are the only German team that has this kind of financial ressources. Like the other teams Dortmund is more a developing team, which still runs best with buying young, cheap players and make the Superstars. But they have to sell them on a long term because they can't compete with Top-Tier teams in Europe on a financial base.
Even if the Bundesliga is the Top-4 League with the fewest debts and the best economical situation, the teams can stil not compete on the highest level because of that 50+1 rule (only 49% of a clubs holdings to one person), which keeps the big fish away
They really picked up their season after the winter break, they started the season so terribly you would've never expected them to make the champions league for next year.

All Schalke fans I´ve met have been diehard.. nothing laidback there :cool:

I'm a Bayern fan after I went to the Allianz to watch MCFC, the time we got beat and the Tevez affair. In fact, I'm a massive Bundesliga fanatic always watch the games, intend to go over for a few games. I just love how it feels more like old fashioned English football

Reactions: EDsta
I wouldn't call myself a supporter (OR A BANDWAGONER) but I root for der BVB. I've been a "fan" of them for 5-6, mostly because I love the way they play. Additionally, I'm of Polish descent and they have a strong Polish contingent. I used to love Lewandowski, but now I hate the Judas.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But the answers are only a question away, and I am more than happy to oblige.

I will do it for you !!!
Rags = Fans of a team very near to Manchester, that use the Manchester name
Dippers = Liverpool (Scousers) which is an area historically known for its (petty) crime levels, dippers = pickpockets.
Mackems = Sunderland fans (due to accent) who traditionally made ships in the shipyards "Sunderland Shipyards Mak'em" (make them) and others would tak'em (Take them)
Chavs = Chelsea Fans, (I am not sure of origin)
Mags = Newcastle Fans (Magpies)

Any more.