Central Midfielder Suggestions

None at all. Like Godsway Donyoh, he came through the 'Right To Dream' academy and has been constantly out on loan. He was out on loan at Stromsgodset, managed 8 goals from defensive midfield last season in 29 appearances.

That's what I thought. Thing is, many of the RTD boys are turning out to not be quite the calibre we were hoping for. That said, when you sign about 5 a year, I guess you're looking for the diamond in the rough anyway, rather than hand-picking wunderkinds.

That's what I thought. Thing is, many of the RTD boys are turning out to not be quite the calibre we were hoping for. That said, when you sign about 5 a year, I guess you're looking for the diamond in the rough anyway, rather than hand-picking wunderkinds.
That's true, the likes of Abu and Nuhu have been very underwhelming. Boateng has (statistically, I haven't seen him play) had a good season and Godsway was rumored to move to NY after Kreis went to see him play. Having the two of them together makes sense as it may help them settle in the short time they'd be there.

If Mix and Lamps are coming then we'll need a bulldog in the midfield to accompany them. A Jermaine Jones type player.

If Mix and Lamps are coming then we'll need a bulldog in the midfield to accompany them. A Jermaine Jones type player.
Very good point, Gary Medel would be perfect although he may not want to move this early in his career, and/or we may not want to use a DP slot on him. Daniel Williams has had a decent season for Reading so he may be an option.

Center mid DP's I'd go for Xavi and De Rossi. Other Center mids i'd go for are ,

in mls-
1) Tchani
2) De león
3) Kitchen
4) Grabavoy
5) Luis silva

in the draft
1) Stolz

abroad
1) micheal Stephens

Center mid DP's I'd go for Xavi and De Rossi. Other Center mids i'd go for are ,

in mls-
1) Tchani
2) De león
3) Kitchen
4) Grabavoy
5) Luis silva

in the draft
1) Stolz

abroad
1) micheal Stephens
I like these reality based lists. We get it already with the Xavis, Alonsos and Lampards. This isn't FIFA 14 though, we can only have 3 of these named guys.

I would add Dallas's Moffat and Jacobson, SKC's Nagamura and maybe Portland's Chara.

I like these reality based lists. We get it already with the Xavis, Alonsos and Lampards. This isn't FIFA 14 though, we can only have 3 of these named guys.

I would add Dallas's Moffat and Jacobson, SKC's Nagamura and maybe Portland's Chara.

Absolutely, 3 world class DP's are great, but what is going to win you the championship is the "Role players".
Moffat would be good as depth. Jacobson would be a great pick up, he has a good shot on him.

I dont rate Nagamura that high though. I think he will go to orlando since his best friend Kaka might go there.

How about martin rivero? At a 50,000 cap hit can't go wrong.

or tony toja- not doing so hot since he got back from europe. Would he excel here?

Last edited:
How about martin rivero? At a 50,000 cap hit can't go wrong.

or tony toja- not doing so hot since he got back from europe. Would he excel here?
Rivero just signed a new deal w/ Chivas USA. Whoever buys that franchise would be insane not to build around that guy. But you never know, great piece if NYC could get him.

Could be Kreis's new younger Javi Morales.

A lot of ex saprissa players have done well in this league. How about Yeltsin Tejeda at defensive mid?

or- diego estrada

other central americans- nelson barbona

rodolph Austin

celso borges

A lot of ex saprissa players have done well in this league. How about Yeltsin Tejeda at defensive mid?

or- diego estrada

other central americans- nelson barbona

rodolph Austin

celso borges

I know absolutely none of those names haha

lol, well Austin is the best of the bunch. Current market value is 2.2 million, but his contract ends june of 2015. He is a jamaican international who isn't afraid to get stuck in at all. Picture osvaldo Alonso but a better all around player. Thing is, don't know how much of a cap hit he would be. He might be persuaded to join this team for 300 k, but not sure.

Anyway, if we sign Austin, I think he is good enough at defensive mid that we could sign another forward or midfielder as a DP.

saprissa is where alvaro saborio started his career. It is a team that Kreis knows very very well

if he is too costly, id go for current costa rica international and saprissa player tejeda.

It's interesting that both Kreis and Robin Fraser (current NYRB asst coach) found Saborio. I wonder if they compete much in scouting trips.

When it comes to transfer fees or players who wages are near the ~$400k cap, it is possible that NYCFC can buy it down with allocation funds, but those aren't unlimited.

Reactions: Soccerfanatic94
It's interesting that both Kreis and Robin Fraser (current NYRB asst coach) found Saborio. I wonder if they compete much in scouting trips.

When it comes to transfer fees or players who wages are near the ~$400k cap, it is possible that NYCFC can buy it down with allocation funds, but those aren't unlimited.

I wonder if Fraser would leave NYRB and team up with kreis again. I believe it was fraser who was credited for RSL's improved defense.

If they could do that and pay Austin's wages down that would be awesome. I love feisty defensive minded midfielders, and Austin is as feisty as it gets.

Every team needs a Kyle Beckerman.

52168_heroa.jpg