Seasoned Supporter
Mar 23, 2014
New Jersey
So the final 4 teams in the Champions League are:

Athletico
Chelsea
Bayern
Real Madrid

Can't help but be really impressed with Athletico. Holding Barca to 1 goal over 180 minutes is excellent form. Bayern has been sleepwalking since they clinched the Bundesliga, though they woke up today after Man U scored. Real Madrid & Chelsea both have some injury concerns (Ronaldo and Hazard). Looks wide open to me.

This is a pretty close race to be honest. Although Bayern are the favorite from what I've heard, Chelsea are a good put together team when they need to be, and if Hazard is healthy and Ba is in form, they have some striking force. Athletico holding Barca to one goal over 180 minutes is beyond me and has to be recognized. Madrid with a Ronaldo injury could be looking at some tough road ahead, but with Bale, Di Maria, and Isco in form, and their defense holding up strong, they could be champion competitors.

This is a pretty close race to be honest. Although Bayern are the favorite from what I've heard, Chelsea are a good put together team when they need to be, and if Hazard is healthy and Ba is in form, they have some striking force. Athletico holding Barca to one goal over 180 minutes is beyond me and has to be recognized. Madrid with a Ronaldo injury could be looking at some tough road ahead, but with Bale, Di Maria, and Isco in form, and their defense holding up strong, they could be champion competitors.

I could see Real beating Chelsea or Athletico without Ronaldo, but Bayern? You need to be at your best with your best players at this stage, as PSG will tell you.

I could see Real beating Chelsea or Athletico without Ronaldo, but Bayern? You need to be at your best with your best players at this stage, as PSG will tell you.

A Real without Ronaldo is a pretty good game to look forward to, but exactly with Bayern without any injuries, they are probably the high favorites.

The Champions League draw has come out and here are the matches

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 149
I will say Chelsea has had quite the luck in the draw. First Galatasaray was a pretty good draw considering teams like Man City and Arsenal got knocked out and would have been stiffer challenge. Then PSG, without Zlatan for one leg, probably the weakest side in the Final 8 besides Man United, and now Altetico, which you would definitely prefer over Real Madrid and Bayern. Something about Chelsea and Champions League... just seems to work for them.

Reactions: Kinkladze
If Cristiano Ronaldo plays, Real Madrid will beat Bayern. And if Eden Hazard plays, Chelsea will beat Athletico

I think this was the best draw possible. Both games will be close. Two best teams against one another.
I think the winner of real v Bayern will take it.
Atletico v Chelsea is a toss up. If they held Barca to 1 goal chances are that Chelsea with their lackluster offense can't score much more.

Last edited:
It was supposed to be can't.
I highly doubt that Chelsea can go out there and put up the same offense that atletico can.

Chelsea v. Athletico today. Who do you have winning the first leg?

Bayern have been completely out of form since they clinched the bundesliga they fell off and deserved to lose the semis (coming from a bayern fan).

I'm really pulling for Athletico Id love to see them take La Liga and the champions league after the great season they had.