Citi Field Advice

pletch99

Registered
Jan 18, 2023
I'm a UK soccer fan who has planned a trip in May/June which will take in a number of MLS games including NYC vs Union on 27th May. I see the game is a Citi Field.

Can anyone give me some advice on the best seating location to choose in Citifield. My requirements:
  • This is an expensive trip and my budget is already stretched so looking to avoid top of the range tickets.
  • I prefer a side view of the pitch but not right on the sideline - I like to look down on the action.
  • I'd like to have a bit of atmosphere around me

Welcome to the States!

Fortunately for you, this is an easy question. The best seats are in the 300 level in the light green at the top of the image below. They are on the sideline and fairly close to the pitch and up high. They are also fairly affordable.

The supporters sit in the orange seats, so something toward that end (337-339) might have a bit more atmosphere. Best food and drink are in the large plaza behind 140-142.

Have fun, and come back to tell us about all the different games. Sounds like a great trip.

b4d5vx3kiktl5sjvfaot.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have an account like StubHub or Ticketmaster? If so, you might want to hold off purchasing tickets until a day or 2 before the match. Historically the discounts are huge on the resale sites.

Reactions: LionNYC and adam
I would say 134/135 are also great seats, that entire lower section. It's raised in the air so you're not ON the side, you're a bit higher up and have a nice view of everything. Would recommend!