Credit To Dan, Midas And Falastur On That Olive Branch

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/new-york-city-fc-merged.280779/page-125

Extended that olive branch of peace to the Moon.

Its funny, we don't even talk about them anymore, but they're still obsessed with trashing us page after page. Who stole from who? Salty.

Btw, I'd like to point out, I was banned from there for defending NYC at the time and I didn't insult anyone. Something they're claiming they don't do.

It was really weird, they were also swearing up and down they had no FFP problems.

I even posted about my disappointment in not insulting anyone before getting banned on here, its on record.

I give them as much thought as a fart in the wind. The notion that we owe them something is laughable and they can go crawl back under a bridge. I will watch and root for MCFC when they're playing but it's only because of NYCFC and the lack of a real rooting interest in the EPL but that being said I love the weekend morning games it's perfect time to sit have a coffee and watch.

Reactions: TommyM and gbservis
There are some who will read my post and think, okay if I go there and just talk about NYCFC all will be good and I'll become part of the community (as some members from the other side have done). Then there are some who will read what those who have been banned say and call us a number of insults.
To each their own. We are not actively recruiting their members or any members for that matter. People join and post. If they like it they stay. If they don't they leave. We aren't forcing NYCFC down anyone throat.
The same way I shouldn't be expected to force MCFC down anyone's throat because of affiliation.
We don't do it with Melbourne or Yokohama.
The claims of us being Fascist are laughable. We banned a handful of people for constantly starting flame wars about MCFC on a NYCFC forum. If you expect anything less you're clearly living in a different world. The sporting culture here is polar opposite of England. You can compare NFL, MLB and so on with Football there in the sense that the city you're born dictates who you support and your loyalty to that team. But with football we have stepped in unchartered territory.
Every NYCFC supporter had been a fan of a different team just a year ago. And I've chosen to moderate this site with that in mind. The only topic of discussion should be this team. Any other team needs to go under Other Leagues in the appropriate thread. Shouldn't be very difficult to understand and it's the only way we can build an NYCFC supporter base and make this New Yorks team and not just another team people support.

But to each their own.

I just read through some of the posts on the NYCFC megathread on Blue Moon. About 10 pages worth of posts.

I was absolutely disgusted with the treatment that Dan and Midas recieved for being NYCFC forum members as well as blue moon members.

I cannot believe that they trashed this fuckig awesome forum!

I also have come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to have an intelligent conversation with a top 5 English club's fan for no other reason than I haven't been a lifelong fan the BPL. (Assuming that they're all like the idiots on blue moon) They really had beef with Midas for supporting NYCFC and Liverpool at the same time. Gosh, they'd have a field day with me over the teams I support! Lol

What the heck is "Blue Moon" supposed to mean? Does Manchester have some connection to the Moon that I'm not aware of?

Lastly, thank you to the brave members of the NYCFC Fan Forums for putting your semi-anonymous online reputations at stake in order to defend myself and fellow NYCFC fans!

Last edited:
Read through the forum as well. Always interesting to see opinions for another side. I guess I should have expected it but the concept of us owing them was pretty crazy from some of the posters. The arrogance of a team that was on the fringes of relevancy as of just a few years ago before they got their CFG money influx was a bit astounding. I think the concept they seem to be missing is that MLS has been intent on putting another team in NYC for a while. I'm thankful that CFG ended up being the owner based on the moves I have seen so far but its not like without them we wouldn't has had a team at some point. Anyways, thanks for posting and for sticking up for us.

I like the Brits. I like their culture beyond football. An insane amount of the best music comes from the UK IMO. I like their sense of humor and comedy shows/movies , HOWEVER I realise that I'm not British and will always be to some degree an outsider. No matter how much I might love Manchester City or any other UK side to some degree I'm an outsider on their forum or a tourist in the stadium t when I go over hat's why no matter what anyone says about us lacking history or that you can't be a hardcore fan of a new team, I am deeply madly in love with this team and my commitment to them far outsrips any alliegence to a foriegn club no matter how many years I might have followed the other club. On here and in the Bronx I feel like I'm among my own.

What the heck is "Blue Moon" supposed to mean? Does Manchester have some connection to the Moon that I'm not aware of?
It's the Man City song. On my phone at the moment so can't get a YouTube example but I'm sure there's piles of videos out there.

It's no more random than Liverpool using 'You'll Never Walk Alone' as their club anthem.
Manchester and the moon don't seem as though they would go together. That's why I find it to be random.

'you'll never walk alone' has some backstory with Liverpool if I'm not mistaken.

It's worth skimming just to read the Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan posts and responses. It's something of a tour de force. Dan's initial point was that visitors to a forum need to respect the forum. So MC fans who come here can offer opinions but need to show respect to the understandably different perspectives of NYC fans, and vice versa.
So Midas, our International Liasion mostly due to his reputation as an EC and harassment of MC fans who came here during the farce Lampard last fall/winter, goes over and acts (mostly) like a true gentleman. He had a compeeletely different pertsona and it confused the shit out of them. He got in some digs, to be sure, but mostly he was polite and basically backed up NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan - saying MC fans and forums should have an allegiance to MC and NYC forums should do the same for NYC. And it kind of blows their minds, and quickly reveals which folks over there are sensible and which were the type to come over here and mindlessly insult us.

Reactions: TommyM and Paul
Why did I click on this link? Can't we just draw a line in the sand and be done with this once and for all?
Hey, I didn't bring it here. I just wanted to show up and speak for myself since Dan and Falastur were taking abuse, some (at least) of what was targeted to me. I figured I'd take my lumps.

It's a different culture, and they are even a sub-culture of that, just like we are a sub-culture of NYC supporters. Most people probably aren't as dedicated/unhealthily obsessed as we forum members are. Same for them.

No reason for anyone else to go over there, especially to cause trouble. I definitely hope no one takes this thread or my posting there as encouragement to do so. I don't suspect I'll post much more, if any, there. I just wanted to share my version of the truth about our forum and my opinions and myself since I got brought up by a few as hating Man City. I don't begrudge folks supporting their club, and I definitely don't hate them or their club. Best of luck to them.

We have a cultural divide. Some folks on either side will bridge it, most will not as it requires the patience of Job and a dedicated effort to understand us if you come from their context. It really shouldn't be so contentious. Of course, whomever is ultimately to blame for the Lampard drama also is ultimately responsible for shattering any fragile hope for a quick mutual appreciation. We don't really know who specifically that person was aside from Lampard and the contextually nebulous term "CFG", but we have our take on it and they have theirs. Both are justifiable depending on the paradigm through which you view the whole thing.

The only thing for sure is that it was a shit situation. I'm over it, but I'll still boo FF the first time he takes the pitch, if for no other reason than I havent had a chance to publicly direct my frustrations any other way. Beyond that, I'll put a positive spin on it and say that I think we may have gotten a valuable chip to cash in the future.

It's worth skimming just to read the Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan posts and responses. It's something of a tour de force. Dan's initial point was that visitors to a forum need to respect the forum. So MC fans who come here can offer opinions but need to show respect to the understandably different perspectives of NYC fans, and vice versa.
So Midas, our International Liasion mostly due to his reputation as an EC and harassment of MC fans who came here during the farce Lampard last fall/winter, goes over and acts (mostly) like a true gentleman. He had a compeeletely different pertsona and it confused the shit out of them. He got in some digs, to be sure, but mostly he was polite and basically backed up NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan - saying MC fans and forums should have an allegiance to MC and NYC forums should do the same for NYC. And it kind of blows their minds, and quickly reveals which folks over there are sensible and which were the type to come over here and mindlessly insult us.
I got one paragraph of one message edited out entirely (rightfully, I would begrudgingly grant them) because it was personably abusive to one grand solo. Otherwise and notwithstanding said mod edit, I was appreciative of them letting me post.