DC Postmatch

WOW !! Now were talking Harassment Bullying and Freedom of Speech Issues and Censorship this is a reflection on you ! That's all i can say if i'm allowed to say it!!

Finally watched this match!

-We have to be be one of the worst all time MLS clubs vs the corner kick

-It was nice to see Shelton redeem himself after one of his patented Dribble Down The Entire Field Only To Do Nothing With It.

-Mendozza can not be allowed to be a playmaker. I really want to like this guy but he has very poor judgement. Mendozza shouldn't be in the starting XI right now. Too much is on the line.

-Pirlo did some amazing Pirlo things. You know the ones I'm talking about.

-we lost possession on a throw in very late in the match and it led to the corner that led to DC's equalizer. That shit can't happen.

-Imagine not liking Frank Lampard Part XII. Lampard even faked out the camera man on his second goal. Love this guy.

-It wasn't his best game but I love how David Villa gives 200% every match. But someone please get this guy a hair tie or something.

Id have to completely disagree with you. I think he's catering to the viewing audience, which would be NYCFC fans and he's still criticized the team plenty of times. Honestly think this is the first negative thing I've ever heard about Ian. I think he does a terrific job. For him to come back next year and do coast to coast flights it's clearly something he'd have to be passionate about cause I doubt they're paying him coast to coast money.

Criticizing the team and openly rooting for them are not mutually exclusive -- in fact, I think that's what we spend most of our time doing here.

Criticizing the team and openly rooting for them are not mutually exclusive -- in fact, I think that's what we spend most of our time doing here.
Agree but these aren't ESPN announcers that cover MLS. They're NYCFC announcers that only do NYCFC and I want them to be rooting for the team because that's literally what they get paid to do. It's different than watching Premier League on NBC as they're job is to cover the game with no bias. But I'm sure if you'd catch the local MCFC broadcast it would be the same exact thing.
It's like this for every sport I've ever watched. We're playing DC? Please talk about DC as little as possible, that's not why I watch the games. Tell me something I don't know about my team, tell me about the pre match talks, tell me we're winning the league and we have a chance even if we're shit.

Last edited:
Agree but these aren't ESPN announcers that cover MLS. They're NYCFC announcers that only do NYCFC and I want them to be rooting for the team because that's literally what they get paid to do. It's different than watching Premier League on NBC as they're job is to cover the game with no bias. But I'm sure if you'd catch the local MCFC broadcast it would be the same exact thing.
It's like this for every sport I've ever watched. We're playing DC? Please talk about DC as little as possible, that's not why I watch the games. Tell me something I don't know about my team, tell me about the pre match talks, tell me we're winning the league and are have a chance even if we're shit.
Agree, but nobody should ever shill as badly as Shep Messing. He's such a blatant homer it's rather pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
I had family in town until Tuesday and then a busy day at the office yesterday so finally getting on here to discuss Thursday's match.

I went to the game with my dad and brother in town from Chicago. First NYCFC game my brother had been to and he's a massive Fire and Sounders fan as well as well into AO Chicago.

Awesome atmosphere in the supporters section, but one thing that came back against LAG and was here again was the damn p*to chant after the goal kicks. It absolutely has to go.

In fact, as we are getting into stoppage time up 2-1, Hamid lets off a goal kick and the p*to chant occurs, I turned back and yelled at everyone behind me to cut that crap out. It ended up leading to quite an argument with a few guys so much that I completely missed DC's equalizer and thought Lampard's second was an insurance goal. My excitement would have been on a completely different level had I known that was the game winner, but I guess I missed the disappointment of the equalizer.

Wow, that was just epic. So much beer thrown everywhere at those late goals.

Thought the crowd seemed good tonight and the supporters section was electric - the extra half dozen people I brought had the time of their lives and will surely be coming back.

It's gonna take a lot to wipe this smile off my face.
Were you in 237 with a bunch of other Scottish dudes wearing Celtic gear?

Reactions: Kjbert
I believe you are allowed to have your feet on the line for a throw in, the only thing that would be in question were if both of the player's feet were on the ground when the ball was released.

Edit:
Link 1 (FA Rules)
Link 2 (FIFA PDF)
Damn you and those rules. I didn't know the rule was that either and have been yelling "OVER THE LINE! MARK IT ZERO!" so much. Especially so during the DCU match.

I had family in town until Tuesday and then a busy day at the office yesterday so finally getting on here to discuss Thursday's match.

I went to the game with my dad and brother in town from Chicago. First NYCFC game my brother had been to and he's a massive Fire and Sounders fan as well as well into AO Chicago.

Awesome atmosphere in the supporters section, but one thing that came back against LAG and was here again was the damn p*to chant after the goal kicks. It absolutely has to go.

In fact, as we are getting into stoppage time up 2-1, Hamid lets off a goal kick and the p*to chant occurs, I turned back and yelled at everyone behind me to cut that crap out. It ended up leading to quite an argument with a few guys so much that I completely missed DC's equalizer and thought Lampard's second was an insurance goal. My excitement would have been on a completely different level had I known that was the game winner, but I guess I missed the disappointment of the equalizer.
Just so I'm following, you were in 237 and heard it in 237?

Thanks for speaking up. No place for that in our stands.

Just so I'm following, you were in 237 and heard it in 237?

Thanks for speaking up. No place for that in our stands.
Correct, in 237 and it didn't seem to come up much in the first half, but second half it came through several times.

Correct, in 237 and it didn't seem to come up much in the first half, but second half it came through several times.
I didn't hear it, but I was in 233B for the second half, and the folks in 234 seem to have organized around an alternative chant that would have drowned out anything coming from the supporters section.

I have seen folks on the FB pages discussing it this week and there sadly is a contingency who somehow believe it is acceptable. It's fucking sad and disgusting that anyone would think it's appropriate. I don't care whether you believe there is an interpretation of the word that has a different meaning, it has an offensive connotation to many/most and that should be enough. I would love to see some thought as to a different chant to be cheered by others simultaneously during goal kicks to drown out anyone who continues to offend. I don't care what it is, whether it's blue go, City, pigeon, or anything that would help the cause. It sadly doesn't look like some will stop, so there has to be an effort to overpower them vocally. People are strange.

I didn't hear it, but I was in 233B for the second half, and the folks in 234 seem to have organized around an alternative chant that would have drowned out anything coming from the supporters section.
Terrific, seems like some have already taken on my suggestion above. Maybe this is something that can be spread to other sections in the SS regardless of affiliation.

Reactions: Ulrich