Discussion Of Preferred Seating Options: Category & Section

Midas Mulligan

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 29, 2014
NYC
Let's begin thinking through preferences regarding seating. Some ideas were presented in the original thread, but I think it's worth it to have a focused place for everyone's thoughts. As a a jumping off point for discussion, I'd like for everyone interested to throw out ideas about what price point/seating level you prefer in addition to specific sections.

Of course, being a "member" (to the extent anyone is a member of what amounts to an email list and message board) doesn't obligate anyone to sit in a particular section, but the more guys looking for that happy line of supporter and casual fan we have in one area, the more fun it will be for everyone. Regardless of where you sit, you're welcome to join up for a pre/post game beer or three.

One of the favorites (mine anyway), section 234, is apparently already home of BXFSC, a fairly similar group from my understanding. I don't mind sitting with them, but it could make seat selection more difficult.

For that reason, and for the purpose of helping the stadium atmosphere be a bit more filled out, my preference is probably for moving "next door" to them to 233B or in front of them at 133. On the other hand, I could easily be convinced to switch to Category 4 (like 014A or B, or even a corner maybe), but that's probably where I'd cap my spending level from a cost/benefit analysis.

I know that's a lot of options, but we've got enough time to allow everyone who wants to be a part of Social the opportunity to have voice.

So what are everyone's thoughts? Fire away.

I'm not very familiar with views and whatnot. Would section 133 offer a better view or is your perspective too skewed to get a full view of the field?

I like the idea of 234 most. but if BXSC has a strong enough following perhaps we can go with 133?

They have around 50 so far. I'd guess we already have around 20-30 interested tickets.

O wow, that's not bad at all. I didn't know they were that large. Has there been any efforts to unite the groups or work toward a common cause? I assume, judging by their name they are trying to achieve something similar?

Yeah, I've spoken with the guy via twitter and we have briefly discussed as much. That's why I mentioned it as a possibility. The 50 was the number he gave, but I'm not sure how firm it is. I didn't question anything. Just told him we might want to "steal" some of his groundwork, ie, piggyback on whatever he is doing.

The section might work or might not. It would depend on what people here want to do and what the numbers work out to be. I think their demographic may be a bit younger/less wife/guest friendly than what we've discussed, but I'm not sure.

In either event, I figure we keep things going on our front since we have a different web presence. As things take more shape, we'll see what folks want to do.

For view of the whole field overall would be in what areas?

Just got back from YS and I like the view from the 200s. Section 234 is pretty large, but it would be nice sitting as close to the front as possible.

The only thing to watch out for is that the sun is going to be right in our face during afternoon games and there is no shade. It was hot today when the sun came out. But this is an issue with the whole outfield/3rd base side of the stadium.

I did go with a friend, so I might have another pair of season tickets joining us. He was shocked by how affordable the tix were. I'll let you know!

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Just got back from YS and I like the view from the 200s. Section 234 is pretty large, but it would be nice sitting as close to the front as possible.

The only thing to watch out for is that the sun is going to be right in our face during afternoon games and there is no shade. It was hot today when the sun came out. But this is an issue with the whole outfield/3rd base side of the stadium.

I did go with a friend, so I might have another pair of season tickets joining us. He was shocked by how affordable the tix were. I'll let you know!
Nice. As far as the sun goes, I doubt there's any 'good' place to avoid the sun. Is 234 a bleacher section as well?

haha I'm not running from it.... Just telling everyone to bring some sun block. Of course on cold days you want to be on the sunny side, so it cuts both ways.

I did get a nice tan today.

Reactions: einwindir
haha I'm not running from it.... Just telling everyone to bring some sun block. Of course on cold days you want to be on the sunny side, so it cuts both ways.

I did get a nice tan today.

or some seats in the back rows of some sections that are under an overhang.

I've never been to the new stadium, is 103/104 also in the sun, or is it mostly the 3B side?

OF and 3B side... but the view is great. I did have to walk a little bit for good food, but I might be acting spoiled. Overall, I think anywhere in that area is going to be a good place to watch games.

Reactions: AlexB
What about bathrooms?

This is probably a little pushy but come gameday this information will be invaluable.

Definitely agree. I looked at the 3d view on the Yankee stadium Virtual Venue and the 3B area looks pretty sweet.

What about bathrooms?

This is probably a little pushy but come gameday this information will be invaluable.

If you are sitting in the supporters section there are mens and women's bathrooms right behind those sections. There are also usually 4 beer stands and theres two food places. So if you do choose to sit in the supporters section you will be close to everything.

Actually, the food/beer options are better in the seated area than the bleachers. Also, they only let you get one beer at a time in bleacher area. At least that's my experience. It's convenient, but they make you walk to the other areas to get the better stuff.

In any event, bleachers aren't really on the agenda for us since that's sort of our whole thing. At least we won't have to spend half the match waiting for a beer or to take a piss like at Red Bull Arena. That place is run horribly.

Actually, the food/beer options are better in the seated area than the bleachers. Also, they only let you get one beer at a time in bleacher area. At least that's my experience. It's convenient, but they make you walk to the other areas to get the better stuff.

In any event, bleachers aren't really on the agenda for us since that's sort of our whole thing. At least we won't have to spend half the match waiting for a beer or to take a piss like at Red Bull Arena. That place is run horribly.

I missed the national anthems on Sunday because of their horrible lines. It was pathetic. I was on a line for like 25 minutes.

I missed the national anthems on Sunday because of their horrible lines. It was pathetic. I was on a line for like 25 minutes.
Mrs. mulligan missed the first 30 minutes after getting in line right after the anthems when the "crowds would die down."

I then missed the first 15 minutes of the second half after leaving at 44" for a beer.

When I went to the playoff match last year, there were a ton of us who barely made it in for kickoff because they couldn't get people through the gates. It's just run horribly.

The biggest crowd they'll ever have, and There were multiple beer stands closed or that ran out. And the bathroom situation is almost as untenable. It's a nice stadium, but it's run really poorly and not set up for anything close to a capacity crowd.