Downtown Jersey City

DannyBlueFC

Registered
Jul 14, 2014
I am a native and resident of New York City. But, I do own a very successful barbershop in Downtown Jersey City (I won't mention the name here at the risk of sounding like shameless promotion). But if you live in DJC you know what I'm talking about. We are a sports-oriented shop and feature every game that goes on. We have a large soccer following who come in to watch games (mostly Champions and Premier League) as they get their haircuts/shaves but no real MLS fans. I am hoping to change that by making my shop an NYCFC shop and will offer prizes/tickets as we get closer to first-kick. I'd potentially like to offer special discounts to members of The Third Rail considering there is an ID that goes along with the membership for verification.

I believe in the grass roots effort that will be necessary to build a solid fan base in NYC and its surroundings. Jersey City has s a large soccer culture that cannot be ignored and I would love to use my business a a means of supporting it. If you live in DJC post some feedback to let me know what you think. Now, where can I get my NYCFC/Third Rail banner to frame and hang on my wall of fame???

That's awesome. On the fb group page and the third rail fc page, there's a couple of Jersey guys. Also there should be a thread on here for jersey supporters too

Hi Danny - I just signed a lease for 9/1 near Bubby's Burritos and I can't wait to move to JC. I'd love more info on the shop and I'll be sure to stop by in the next few weeks wearing my NYCFC shirt.

I am a native and resident of New York City. But, I do own a very successful barbershop in Downtown Jersey City (I won't mention the name here at the risk of sounding like shameless promotion). But if you live in DJC you know what I'm talking about. We are a sports-oriented shop and feature every game that goes on. We have a large soccer following who come in to watch games (mostly Champions and Premier League) as they get their haircuts/shaves but no real MLS fans. I am hoping to change that by making my shop an NYCFC shop and will offer prizes/tickets as we get closer to first-kick. I'd potentially like to offer special discounts to members of The Third Rail considering there is an ID that goes along with the membership for verification.

I believe in the grass roots effort that will be necessary to build a solid fan base in NYC and its surroundings. Jersey City has s a large soccer culture that cannot be ignored and I would love to use my business a a means of supporting it. If you live in DJC post some feedback to let me know what you think. Now, where can I get my NYCFC/Third Rail banner to frame and hang on my wall of fame???

You're the type of person this club needs!! The more local businesses that get on board the better NYCFC and it's fan base will be. Thank you!!

Reactions: FauxClubAndCountry
That's awesome. On the fb group page and the third rail fc page, there's a couple of Jersey guys. Also there should be a thread on here for jersey supporters too
I've been trumping the horn of Jersey since I signed on this forum. Without the help of art programs created that shield in my profile during the team logo shield contest over the last spring.

Even tried to tweet out to NYCFC when I was more on Twitter. I'd like to see and be part of a solid Jersey fan base. That's why my mantra is NJ-4-NYCFC. Here we go Garden State Blues!

We should do a meetup for the away games if we don't travel somewhere in djc. Maybe even for home games too.

We should do a meetup for the away games if we don't travel somewhere in djc. Maybe even for home games too.
Be nice to find a place centrally located to start a supporters faction in NJ. I DEF plan to get to one game in NYC next season and without a doubt the game we play the Red Balls, I mean Red Bulls in Harrison, NEW JERSEY.

Reactions: PatrickRivera
Don't hit those parts often. Weehawken isn't far. There are places in Clifton area, Essex or Passaic county. Who knows but at the least I'll support from home with the little ones rooting. lol

Reactions: PatrickRivera