Dps On Turf

Didn't see it anywhere, but was it said if Villa and Lampard would play in matches on turf?
Thats a good question. Henry and Beckham make/made it a point to avoid turf, so you rarely see them in Vancouver, NE, Seattle etc. I wonder if NYC's DPs will do the same. That will be rough if thats the case.

I strongly suspect neither will have an issue with it.
Based on what ? The fact at this point NYCFC would be hosed without them away? That doesn't seem to bother Henry. And it's not just DPs. NYRB's Olave also doesn't do turf. What do they have in common? Over 30 & knee problems.

Based on what ? The fact at this point NYCFC would be hosed without them away? That doesn't seem to bother Henry. And it's not just DPs. NYRB's Olave also doesn't do turf. What do they have in common? Over 30 & knee problems.

Well they haven't said so. Though I don't know at what stage Henry/Beckham took issue with it.

NYCFC might have made it contractual obligation as well.

Agreed. I could see Villa playing on turf because he is younger. However, I would be surprised if Super Frank would play on turf.

The good news is that if they don't play on turf, that'll be only a big problem for the NE games. Van & Seattle are in the West, so we only play there once in the next two years.
True but then Villa/Lampard/other anti-turf NYCFC players have to also worry about Orlando for a year, Atlanta (Lampard is probably gone by then anyways) and Montreal still too.

It adds up.

Turf ?
That is grass over here
Do you mean Astroturf (synthetic grass) ?

Daniel Royster, thanks for asking if he will play on turf! For those that missed it. He (Lampard) will play on anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: einwindir