English Premier League 2023/24

a kid my son used to play with on his youth soccer team is currently starting for Burnley vs Manchester City rn :oops:
in fact, that's... that's him on the starting xi graphic :oops: :oops:

F3RNFs1XYAELq9s

a kid my son used to play with on his youth soccer team is currently starting for Burnley vs Manchester City rn :oops:
Peter Drury gave the Manhattan Soccer Club a shout-out on the broadcast when mentioning him. Said he played there until he was 11

Edit: Manhattan Kickers, not Manhattan Soccer Club. Sorry!

Last edited:
Peter Drury gave the Manhattan Soccer Club a shout-out on the broadcast when mentioning him. Said he played there until he was 11
that's the one! It was a high-level club but we all could tell Luca was special. He was playing up a year--two years even maybe?-- and was still the fastest most dynamic kid on the field

No sorry misread twsj91 twsj91 's post. My son and Luca played on Manhattan Kickers, home field on Pier 40. Manhattan Soccer Club is uptown-- play on Randall's Island maybe. That's the one Harrison played with

Reactions: moogoo and LionNYC
No sorry misread twsj91 twsj91 's post. My son and Luca played on Manhattan Kickers, home field on Pier 40. Manhattan Soccer Club is uptown-- play on Randall's Island maybe. That's the one Harrison played with
Is there a rivalry between Manhattan Kickers and Downtown United Soccer Club a la Derby della Madonnina?

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny
Oops! Just edited the post.

Reactions: Kenny
Is there a rivalry between Manhattan Kickers and Downtown United Soccer Club a la Derby della Madonnina?
There should have been. Kickers kind of looked down their nose a bit at Downtown United.

Reactions: moogoo

Anyone else agree with what Webb says and think Neville comes off as out-of-touch and annoying in this video?

Anyone else agree with what Webb says and think Neville comes off as out-of-touch and annoying in this video?

webb's answers and explanations are high level and he's sticking to the bullet points. neville is giving specific examples that could show a flaw in the rules. i agree with most of what webb says but i don't think neville is out of touch.

i don't think there should be automatic time added on for certain things like goal celebrations. 1-2 celebration is part of the game. i don't think anybody really cares about that. people care about obvious time wasting and the refs need to start carding people more.

with regards to injuries and having to stay off for 30 seconds, i think in general it is an ok rule but there will be specific instances where a team will feel cheated by it. this is a flaw but may just be something teams will have to get used to just like shitty VAR or something.

I was quite surprised to learn that average active game time in the PL is 54 minutes and as low as 48 in League 2. I would have expected the average to be about 65-70 minutes.

The suggestion that time-wasting can be fixed just by applying the rules and issuing yellow cards is not realistic. It has been tried in the past. What happens is refs hand out more yellows than usual, intending for players to adjust, but they don't, or at least they don't adjust enough, or they do for a few weeks and then regress. Then fans and players moan about too many players on yellows and the officials back off and everything is back to status quo ante. But I'm also sympathetic to not wanting games with 6 minutes added at the half and 12 added at the end as a solution.
I can think of special sub-yellow punitive measures but they have their own flaws.

Last edited:
Listening to the Scuffed podcast Monday review for this week, and they are having an extensive discussion on Luca Koleosho. Seems he grew up in NYC until he was 12, and that's when his parents moved the family to Spain to further his soccer career. He is eligible for Italy, Canada, USA and Nigeria. He has played for Italy's youth teams and was on the bench for some Canadian senior team friendlies last year.

I wonder if he was ever approached by NYCFC for a spot in the academy. I suppose in 2017, it still wasn't a proven commodity for developing players, but you can't argue against it these days.

Listening to the Scuffed podcast Monday review for this week, and they are having an extensive discussion on Luca Koleosho. Seems he grew up in NYC until he was 12, and that's when his parents moved the family to Spain to further his soccer career. He is eligible for Italy, Canada, USA and Nigeria. He has played for Italy's youth teams and was on the bench for some Canadian senior team friendlies last year.

I wonder if he was ever approached by NYCFC for a spot in the academy. I suppose in 2017, it still wasn't a proven commodity for developing players, but you can't argue against it these days.
I see no upside to the academy enrolling kids with multiple passports.