Equipment question for my soccer playing friends

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
Fred Jr has picked up a nasty habit of sliding on artificial turf and getting the nastiest abrasions on his lower hip/hamstring area.

I thought to buy him baseball sliding shorts, but they might not be so comfortable.

Any suggestions? Would longer compression shorts do the job?

Sliding shorts might be the best bet, but will be slightly bulkier.

Regular spandex doesn't really help much, as when I've worn it playing soccer or baseball indoors I would still get burns almost as bad as without spandex/compression shorts/leggings. They didn't help in preventing or reducing the burn much if at all, really.

The baseball sliding shorts will help in that they have an extra 2-3 layers around the hips and thighs to actually protect against the turf burn. The also aren't too tight and they shouldn't hinder movement in any way either (through my experience wearing them for baseball).

If he's used to his twig and berries being close friends with his thigh through wearing athletic leggings/shorts in the past there won't be too big of a difference for him. If he's a free-baller though, it may take some getting used to having the boys become best friends with his thigh.

• Haha
Reactions: JayH