Espn: Chicago Fire Inquiring About Chicharito

Sure. Great post above. Who is more important to this league? Cubo Torres or Mix Diskerud?
This one is more difficult as Cubo does not currently have the massive level of popularity as Chicharito (yet), and Mix is a US world cup player, which is a great selling point to the general public. This one comes down to the markets, Cubo will do very well in a strong Mexican area where he will be. Mix will do great in NYC, where I believe his WC pedigree, combined with his marketable name and looks could make him the Derek Jeter of NYCFC, especially if he were to have a long career with the club.

This one is more difficult as Cubo does not currently have the massive level of popularity as Chicharito (yet), and Mix is a US world cup player, which is a great selling point to the general public. This one comes down to the markets, Cubo will do very well in a strong Mexican area where he will be. Mix will do great in NYC, where I believe his WC pedigree, combined with his marketable name and looks could make him the Derek Jeter of NYCFC, especially if he were to have a long career with the club.

I happen to agree. But the fact that we could debate it tells you all you need to know about the Chicharito offer, as well as the larger implications of catering to the UniMas viewership.