Finding The Best Songs #1

Which Songs/Chants Do You Like (Pick as many as you like)

• Total voters
Just thought of this one whilst taking the train home & listening to some Dropkick Murphys:

"For City"

starts out with "Let's go, City!" chant & clapping

For City, for City,
we sing our proud refrain
for City, for City
'tis wisdom's earthly fane
for here are all one
and our hearts are true
and the towers on the town
reach the heavens own blue.
for City, for City
'til the echoes ring again

For City, for City
thy glory is our own
for City, for City
'tis here that truth is known
and ever with a right
shall our heirs be found
'til time shall be no more
and thy work is crowned
for City, for City
thy glory is our own​

I like the idea of roll call, with the yankee connection, but I'm not sure if it will have the same sound, impact it does for baseball.

Someone might have already said something to this extent and if they did I agree with them. I think that A Roll Call would be an amazing chant for before every game. And it would show appreciation to our part owners in their Stadium

Reactions: nycmade and LionNYC
Blackpool fc song about our rivals preston north end can be adapted to,
When I was just a little boy my mother asked me what should I be, will I be nyc or cosmos and here's what she said to me.
Wash your mouth out son and hate some cosmos scum, hate some cosmos scum.
Ooooh we hate new york cosmos we hate cosmos too, we hate cosmos.

When I was just a little boy my mother asked me what should I be, will I be nyc or cosmos and here's what she said to me.

For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the tunes used in English football songs, that would be set to this song:

...and for those who can't quite imagine this quaint and motherly song being sung by ten thousand drunken fans, here's an example of how this tune is usually used:

Sure, but change Cosmos to Red Bulls

The chants and songs will come organically, but there is one point we need to emphasize the most.

What we establish as an identity from the start will dictate how this club is perceived in relation to RBNY.

Whatever chants, songs or anthems we chose, they need to be hard, vocal, loud and motivating.

RBNY has some of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Thats when they are really trying lol. The crowd is barely audible, the singing is muddled, their hands aren't in sync.

It's just amatuer. But I'm used to Greek support. I grew up watching Olympiakos and going to those games as a kid. We have great support, but the Aris Salonika fans have some of the best I've seen.

So somewhere in between those two would be good for us lol.

I want other teams to be scared whenever they cross into our city limits. Let them think it's NYC in the 80's!

Reactions: BxLio91
And for heavens sake, if people are going to remix chants or w.e try non epl for once since everyone else is doing that.

For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the tunes used in English football songs, that would be set to this song:

...and for those who can't quite imagine this quaint and motherly song being sung by ten thousand drunken fans, here's an example of how this tune is usually used:

I love this one. I posted it in the chants thread a little while back.

Que sera, sera.
Whatever we'll be, we'll be.
We are NYCFC.
Que sera, sera.

Reactions: northernburbs
The chants and songs will come organically, but there is one point we need to emphasize the most.

What we establish as an identity from the start will dictate how this club is perceived in relation to RBNY.

Whatever chants, songs or anthems we chose, they need to be hard, vocal, loud and motivating.

RBNY has some of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Thats when they are really trying lol. The crowd is barely audible, the singing is muddled, their hands aren't in sync.

It's just amatuer. But I'm used to Greek support. I grew up watching Olympiakos and going to those games as a kid. We have great support, but the Aris Salonika fans have some of the best I've seen.

So somewhere in between those two would be good for us lol.

I want other teams to be scared whenever they cross into our city limits. Let them think it's NYC in the 80's!

Larry davis Tifo? I hope not