First Game Tifo

What exactly is the pc police?

He's referring to people who insist on Political Correctness, i.e. people who insist that absolutely nothing should be done or even suggested if it could in any way be interpreted as even slightly demeaning to one ethnic/gender/age/political/religious/etc group over any other.

What exactly is the pc police?

Politically Correct Police. People who always raise a red flag when something may offend someone.

Is it annoying? It can be, but dealing with people who are offended is more annoying. I'd rather nip a potential issue in the bud before it turns into a legitimate PR ordeal.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? For fucks sake.
does anyone know what the tifo policy is at other more established SC?

So the things that I have conceptualized for game 1 tifo:
- The Last Supper (See it more as the resurrection of football in New York - a Can of Red Bull is Judas) - Also, it's a work of art and the Catholics don't own it. The Da Vinci Code FFS threw that one into the pile.
- Jason Kreis on a donkey riding into New York City
- Something that states: Our City, Our Team - With New York City rising HIGH above Harrison
- A map of the Third Rails converging into a NYCFC badge that is 'powered' on by the TRs
- All of the Superheroes that take place in New York who would be 'unmasked' with faces of the players (Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Spiderman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern)

Reactions: NYCBlue
So the things that I have conceptualized for game 1 tifo:
- The Last Supper (See it more as the resurrection of football in New York - a Can of Red Bull is Judas) - Also, it's a work of art and the Catholics don't own it. The Da Vinci Code FFS threw that one into the pile.
- Jason Kreis on a donkey riding into New York City
- Something that states: Our City, Our Team - With New York City rising HIGH above Harrison
- A map of the Third Rails converging into a NYCFC badge that is 'powered' on by the TRs
- All of the Superheroes that take place in New York who would be 'unmasked' with faces of the players (Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Spiderman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern)
The superheroes one is spot on...love it

The superheroes one is spot on...love it
Agree. That sounds cool.

Simple text idea - maybe save it for RBNY, but would work on match day 1 as well.
WE ARE NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB or some such statement and then have it flip into NEW YORK CITY'S FOOTBALL CLUB

Phrasing could be better, but that's the gist of the idea.

I personally don't like the complicated, and often, confusing tifos. I think the ones in which fans wear colored shirts to form some kind of design, usually the teams logo, are the best.

Why not just simply have the supporters in the bleachers wear colored shirts and form the interlocking NYC that's in the logo?

Like this one, which is just insane.

75-gigantesque-logo-du-real-madrid-a-650x0-1.jpg

Last edited:
A chap in a City jersey striding over a plain of skulls. The NYCFC flag in his hand, and a football in the other. Amidst the ruins the scarves and jerseys of Cosmos and Red Bulls.

Bit of a rip from a Dynamo Dresden tifo from a while back, but it might get some good attention.

Reactions: einwindir
hmm Maybe since we have the cookie brigade we could have the cookie monster eating a "cookie" of the other teams logo like how seattle had the hand crushing the portland logo. not necessarily a first game idea but when people started talking about the cookie monster early on i thought of that. I was at a game where they re-used the Neil Lennon horseman and passed it all around the stadium but this four horsemen idea was awesome by the Green Brigade

6jeyd.jpg

I also enjoy the color blocked designs. Out of the ideas so far though I'm digging the "last supper" design just in the subtle way.

hmm Maybe since we have the cookie brigade we could have the cookie monster eating a "cookie" of the other teams logo like how seattle had the hand crushing the portland logo. not necessarily a first game idea but when people started talking about the cookie monster early on i thought of that. I was at a game where they re-used the Neil Lennon horseman and passed it all around the stadium but this four horsemen idea was awesome by the Green Brigade

6jeyd.jpg

I also enjoy the color blocked designs. Out of the ideas so far though I'm digging the "last supper" design just in the subtle way.
Cookie Monster eating the opposing teams logo is not a bad idea.

I like the idea of the first tifo being something of the NYCFC history. Display of each "NY" team for example have a badge of the metro stars and underneath it says "east rutherford nj" then the red bull patch and "harrison nj". Above them the NYCFC badge Bronx NY/ New York NY est 2015. and some sort of quote as Z zl10 mentioned "our city our team" the superhero idea is awesome too

I personally don't like the complicated, and often, confusing tifos. I think the ones in which fans wear colored shirts to form some kind of design, usually the teams logo, are the best.

Why not just simply have the supporters in the bleachers wear colored shirts and form the interlocking NYC that's in the logo?

Like this one, which is just insane.

75-gigantesque-logo-du-real-madrid-a-650x0-1.jpg
I may be wrong but I thought these color block designs were created by colored posters held up by all the fans in that given section, not t-shirts. I say that because I don't think the design is visible for the entire match, just the beginning. Usually the colored posters are on the seats when the fans arrive at the stadium, right?

Reactions: Nick Chavez
I may be wrong but I thought these color block designs were created by colored posters held up by all the fans in that given section, not t-shirts. I say that because I don't think the design is visible for the entire match, just the beginning. Usually the colored posters are on the seats when the fans arrive at the stadium, right?

Yes you are correct.

I like the idea of the first tifo being something of the NYCFC history. Display of each "NY" team for example have a badge of the metro stars and underneath it says "east rutherford nj" then the red bull patch and "harrison nj". Above them the NYCFC badge Bronx NY/ New York NY est 2015. and some sort of quote as Z zl10 mentioned "our city our team" the superhero idea is awesome too
Thanks man! I think the superhero idea is the way to go personally. Easy to create, involves New York in each story, and allows us to point out who our defenders of good are.

Z zl10 i was thinking since you mentioned super heroes. what about batman kicking drew carey off a building saying "this is city" (or" gotham" like the pit in 300) with the badge as the batman symbol for the first sounders game at home? haha

Z zl10 i was thinking since you mentioned super heroes. what about batman kicking drew carey off a building saying "this is city" (or" gotham" like the pit in 300) with the badge as the batman symbol for the first sounders game at home? haha
Hahaha. There are so many fun things that we can do. I actually want to do something fun for Portland. They are being great to us and helping us a bunch at the TA. I was thinking about wrapping up the Statue of Liberty in roses and saying - From sea to shining sea - or something like that. For DC I reallllllllly want to do something that says, "World's Capital > Nation's Capital"