GK Suggestions

If we could get him, Bush would be a fantastic pickup too. He's a great goalie, but Perkins is just a bit better so Bush never gets to shine

Would Red Bull really protect their backup keeper in the expansion draft? I think if the club rates him high and sees that he's the #1 guy we all talk about drafting all the time... I think we can get him. Talking about Meara of course.

Meara is a man for others... We gotta get him.

Reactions: NYCBlue and DiRoma
Would Red Bull really protect their backup keeper in the expansion draft? I think if the club rates him high and sees that he's the #1 guy we all talk about drafting all the time... I think we can get him. Talking about Meara of course.

Meara is a man for others... We gotta get him.
Robles is playing well, I cant see them protecting their backup goalie.....#MearaToNYCFC

Pepe Reina? Future's uncertain at Liverpool and Napoli don't seem to want him either. We could afford his wages obviously and he's a fantastic keeper with great distribution.

Reactions: Kinkladze and Vito
Pepe Reina? Future's uncertain at Liverpool and Napoli don't seem to want him either. We could afford his wages obviously and he's a fantastic keeper with great distribution.

You don't have to ask me twice. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Kinkladze
According to L'Equipe,Monaco will not be signing Victor Valdes...
Would be a great addition IMO.
Wiling to use (the last) Designated Player slot on either? No way someone of Valdes or even Reina quality come here for less than DP money.

Not the smartest move with quality we have right here at home.

Wiling to use (the last) Designated Player slot on either? No way someone of Valdes or even Reina quality come here for less than DP money.

Not the smartest move with quality we have right here at home.
I'm just throwing out names to discuss Mr. Einstein! I'm a keeper myself, I'll play for free if they want.

For less than DP money? Please, call me Al. ;)

Still NYCFC will have use approximately 20-23 DP slots to fill the team people keep posting about on this forum. Crazy talk.
Right, the truth of it is. We have to be looking at fringe players that clubs are not likely to protect. No we will not get Dempsey, and no we will not get Mapp, or Diaz, or Wondo. Who we might get? We might get a Meara, or a Jeb Brovsky. Thats the reality

Right, the truth of it is. We have to be looking at fringe players that clubs are not likely to protect. No we will not get Dempsey, and no we will not get Mapp, or Diaz, or Wondo. Who we might get? We might get a Meara, or a Jeb Brovsky. Thats the reality
You might get Wondo or Mapp (Mapp? He is not even a top paid regular MLS player...) and most likely could get players like Brovsky. But there is no way you are getting Villa, Lampard AND Valdes AND Demichelis AND Alsono AND Xavi AND Ibra AND Torres AND AND....

BTW I think Evan Bush is still not ready for MLS prime time. He has been mediocre in the games he has played for Impact MLS. I prefer Meara or Grunenbaum.

You might get Wondo or Mapp (Mapp? He is not even a top paid regular MLS player...) and most likely could get players like Brovsky. But there is no way you are getting Villa, Lampard AND Valdes AND Demichelis AND Alsono AND Xavi AND Ibra AND Torres AND AND....

BTW I think Evan Bush is still not ready for MLS prime time. He has been mediocre in the games he has played for Impact MLS. I prefer Meara or Grunenbaum.

Maybe not. And I'm speaking in terms of expansion draft. On the Impact players like Mapp, Perkins, Bernier, Felipe, etc. will all be protected. As will Wondo for SJ

For less than DP money? Please, call me Al. ;)

Still NYCFC will have use approximately 20-23 DP slots to fill the team people keep posting about on this forum. Crazy talk.
I know Al, but I reckon most people, myself included, don't know enough about the MLS and its fringe players to throw those names into contention. I'm learning though, watching as many games as possible and doing my research. With that in mind I'll throw some more names into the hat, Neuer? Buffon? Lloris? De Gea? Hart? Casillas? Coop?

I got better names for you, names you might actually see on the pitch at Yankees. (Wiki them for further reference):

Ryan Meara
Josh Saunders
Andy Gruenebaum
Zac MacMath
Andrew Blake
Matt Lampson
Brad Knighton
Michael Gspurning
Matt Pickens
Dan Kennedy
Evan Bush
David Bingham or Jon Busch

I got better names for you, names you might actually see on the pitch at Yankees. (Wiki them for further reference):

Ryan Meara
Josh Saunders
Andy Gruenebaum
Zac MacMath
Andrew Blake
Matt Lampson
Brad Knighton
Michael Gspurning
Matt Pickens
Dan Kennedy
Evan Bush
David Bingham or Jon Busch

You think we can land kennedy? If so, that would be awesome. Hopefully chivas folds and we can pick him up on a dispersal draft.

Would anyone take a risk on cody cropper? believe he got called into the USMNT camp. I wouldn't mind a young, hungry gk with something to prove.

It would be awesome if allowed a DP spot per position. Like forward, center mid, winger, wing back, center back, and gk. Would be cool to have a DP gk.

The last DP gk I believe was Frank Rost....who spent half a season at RB.....and got injured sitting on a plane. Can't make this stuff up.

My guess is that he flew Delta.

You think we can land kennedy? If so, that would be awesome. Hopefully chivas folds and we can pick him up on a dispersal draft.

Would anyone take a risk on cody cropper? believe he got called into the USMNT camp. I wouldn't mind a young, hungry gk with something to prove.
I think Kennedy is possible. Whoever buys CUSA may want to start over (understandably).

Young untested GKs on expansion teams so far have been disasters. Maybe Cropper is more prepared but keepers like Guzan and Seitz were not.

Kennedy would be a great acquisition period. Just an all around good goalkeeper. My only worry is that the only reason he's a starter is because it's Chivas. I feel like anywhere else he'd be a backup.

Kennedy would be a great acquisition period. Just an all around good goalkeeper. My only worry is that the only reason he's a starter is because it's Chivas. I feel like anywhere else he'd be a backup.
I think with a decent back line, Kennedy might flourish.