Grabavoy

I don't know where that is from, but it speaks to the eye test vs. pure statistics. If you watched Ned, you know that the high pass accuracy was a misnomer. They were passed backwards.

Show a stat about forward passes.

And he didn't play out of position. He played LM. That's his position.
He also was played at AM any number of times..... I remember vividly because I nearly vomited my cheese steak and beer when I saw them line up. It was how he was always in position to fall down at the top of the box when he received the ball.

You guys can blame him for everything if it makes you feel better, but I think your seeing that only NYCFC fans think he's a waste.

He's gone, so it doesn't really matter.
It's almost like the rest of his career never happened.

I remember vividly because I nearly vomited my cheese steak and beer when I saw them line up.
Please don't taint those fine, fine cheesesteak memories with those harsh, harsh memories of Grabavoy. It's just not right.

Reactions: Kjbert
Please don't taint those fine, fine cheesesteak memories with those harsh, harsh memories of Grabavoy. It's just not right.
Sorry about that..... I actually had to change my stadium diet at the end of the season because I fully plan to return to cheese steaks in 2016 and I didn't need the retching muscle-memory factoring in to the equation.

Reactions: Seth
The biggest problem was that he was played as a priority starter. He wouldn't get near as much hate if he had been used as a rotation type player. Personally, I don't hate Ned, I hate JK's use of him.

Yeah, I would have been fine if he came off the bench. That's depending on who he came on for though. If it someone I like I would still hate him. Better to not even use him on the 18 at all.

Reactions: Ulrich
Interesting fit. I think he would have to play wide again to make it work for continuous playing time.

He will probably do well there in his role... on the bench. He will be nothing more than an occasional sub there unless there is an extreme run of injuries.

Timbers typically do a 3 man midfield with Chara, Valeri, and Nagbe. Next man in would probably be Jack Jewsbury.

Last edited:
As was the case with Kreis the manager of Portland has previously worked with Grabavoy.
Caleb Porter was an assistant coach with Indiana from 2000-05 and Grabavoy played there from 2001-03. Sure there's some history but a lot has changed for both of them to be banking on that overlap and familiarity.

Reactions: Kjbert