Guess The Attendance 2017 - NYCFC at Orlando (March 5)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
HELLO EVERYONE!

We're back for the 2017 season. And this year, since NYCFC has the highest road attendance in MLS, I've decided to expanded this contest to every single game. (Why should guess the score have all the fun every week?) So we start with match 1 in Orlando. While this game is moot since Orlando's new stadium has already sold out with 25,500, maybe there will be additional standing room only attendance. Who knows? You decide?

As tradition, we're following The Price is Right rules: closest the recorded attendance on MLSsoccer.com without going over.

LET THE SEASON BEGIN! LET THE GUESSING BEGIN! WOOHOO!

HELLO EVERYONE!

We're back for the 2017 season. And this year, since NYCFC has the highest road attendance in MLS, I've decided to expanded this contest to every single game. (Why should guess the score have all the fun every week?) So we start with match 1 in Orlando. While this game is moot since Orlando's new stadium has already sold out with 25,500, maybe there will be additional standing room only attendance. Who knows? You decide?

As tradition, we're following The Price is Right rules: closest the recorded attendance on MLSsoccer.com without going over.

LET THE SEASON BEGIN! LET THE GUESSING BEGIN! WOOHOO!
Orlando will have a sellout. Done. Award it to me.

Edit- I say that because if MLS tally's based on tickets, then they should only be able to hand out a set number based on standing/seating space. They really shouldn't be able to go over the stated maximum because every spot is ticketed.

Orlando will have a sellout. Done. Award it to me.

Edit- I say that because if MLS tally's based on tickets, then they should only be able to hand out a set number based on standing/seating space. They really shouldn't be able to go over the stated maximum because every spot is ticketed.

But I will cede the prize to Ulrich Ulrich as that's the capacity of Orlando City Stadium, at least according to Wikipedia, and he was here first.

But I will cede the prize to Ulrich Ulrich as that's the capacity of Orlando City Stadium, at least according to Wikipedia, and he was here first.

giphy.gif

25,501!

Reactions: adam
I mean, Ulrich Ulrich is right because 25,500 is the capacity so... idk what else to say here.

Mods, lock it up!

Though fwiw, I'm also saying 25,500

25,500 The few non STH tickets sold out in literally two minutes.

Weather will be a factor and a disappointed number will ensue.

ETA: Anyone know where the club is at with STH numbers?

While they will only sell the amount of tickets allowable in the stadium (25,500 reported), how many people can they actually fit in the wall if people don't mind their personal space?

Though, online it will be reported as 25,500, I'd like to see a count of how many people actually in the stadium. Though, that number will not be the official number for this contest, as I go off the MLSsoccer.com reported attendance.

Something to consider is that the stadium isn't finished yet, does that mean parts or the stands as well..?

Actually Attendance: 25,527

Winner by a difference of 25 seats.

We've seen attendance at 100%+ before...

Wow! I've never won an attendance thread before!! Big shot out to Jon Jon who guessed 25,001 like it was the Price Is Right and I just one upped him as a joke. Haha. Guess it's now even funnier :tonguewink:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jon and gbservis