Guess The Attendance 2022 - NYCFC vs. Red Bulls (September 17)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
The Price is Right rules, as always, closest to the actual attendance as reported on MLSsoccer.com without going over. Guesses must be posted before gates open the day of the match (i.e. 11:30 AM ET). Should the attendance not be reported to a specific number, there will be no winner.

(fwiw the top bowl wasn't close to full at the last game in some sections near the supporters if you look at some of the footage, could be a few thousand if they're filled for this one)

Anyone want a pair for today free of charge?

i mean, there's no way on any planet that was 30,000 LOL but I'll take the attendance figure any day! lol

yea. felt like maybe 26-28k. but maybe a lot of people just kept walking around and stuff.

The 3 sections full of Red Bull fans on the 3rd level had to have added a lot.
It is really frustrating that we cannot get more of a foothold in the city in terms of fans. Last night, from the looks of it on TV, DC had a lot of people in attendance for its game against Miami. I mean, if we were wooden spoon favorites playing a mediocre road team we would get about 500 fans.

It is really frustrating that we cannot get more of a foothold in the city in terms of fans. Last night, from the looks of it on TV, DC had a lot of people in attendance for its game against Miami. I mean, if we were wooden spoon favorites playing a mediocre road team we would get about 500 fans.

people showed up for the big names. we don't have big names. and red bulls definitely don't. lol.

Reactions: JCMore
It doesn't help that it appears that the team doesn't communicate with anyone. It barely reaches out to the media to help promote the team.** I believe David Gass of MLS/ExtraTime said on a hot mic, that extratime had reached out to NYCFC and doesn't give them access. Majority of our reporters who cover the team are people who do it on the side for the love of the team. DC United has Steven Goff/Washington Post covering the game. The Post covers the NWSL, better than any of the papers did covering NYCFC championship. This team's desire to limit communication is a determinate to the growing of the fan base and pissing off the fans it has now.

Reactions: gbservis