Guess The Attendance 2023 - NYCFC vs. Columbus (June 17)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
The Price is Right rules, as always, closest to the actual attendance as reported on MLSsoccer.com without going over. Guesses must be posted before gates open the day of the match (i.e. 2:00 PM ET). Should the attendance not be reported to a specific number, there will be no winner.

2023 Results
- Match 1, Miami (March 11): No contest. 24,489 (actual) - Yankee Stadium
- Match 2, D.C. (March 18): adam adam 1,200 guess. 17,281 (actual) - Yankee Stadium
- Match 3, Atlanta (April 8): No contest. 20,095 (actual) - Yankee Stadium
- Match 4, Nashville (April 15): No contest. 18,687 (actual) - Citi Field
- Match 5, Dallas (April 22): twsj91 twsj91 19,804 guess. 20,922 (actual) - Citi FIeld
- Match 6, Philadelphia (May 27): Gene Gene 22,022 guess. 22,830 (actual) - Citi Field
- Match 7, Cincinnati (May 31): No winner. 14,806 (actual) - Yankee Stadium
- Match 8, New England (June 3) No winner. 22,203 (actual) - Yankee Stadium

Any idea what drew an unusually large crowd tonight? I know I was asked to take a survey a while back and they offered me free tickets to a game, one of which was this one. I doubt that was 10k worth though

Any idea what drew an unusually large crowd tonight? I know I was asked to take a survey a while back and they offered me free tickets to a game, one of which was this one. I doubt that was 10k worth though

i know that montefiore gave out some tickets for this game too. No idea how many. but maybe that had something to do with it ? either way.. that's a lot of free tickets to make up for the usual 20k-ish attendance.

for a team to draw so much, free ticket or not, when they are not doing well ... that's kinda unexpected. of course, this is a one off game.. we'll see how attendance goes the rest of the season

Crazy high attendance. Hopefully some of those people come back. Fun to see people in the 300s and 400s today. This is the kind of attendance this team should be generating every week. Believe that's the highest since the 2019 derby.

Reactions: Shwafta
For the first time in many years I'm sure, NYCFC led the league in attendance this week! Sure, there were only seven matches, none of which were Seattle or Atlanta, but still an accomplishment of sorts

Reactions: Kenny
I think teams needs to continue giving out free tickets to these types of games. Was nice seeing so many ppl in stadium
Every time I've talked to a rep or completed a survey since I cancelled my season tickets, my number one talking point has always been about crowds. They need more people in the stands because Yankee Stadium with 15k actual bodies is not a great atmosphere at all. 20k, is pretty good, and above that is a massive difference!

Reactions: Victors87
Any thoughts/explanation on what drove the attendance boost? That is a massive jump and we suck.

Any thoughts/explanation on what drove the attendance boost? That is a massive jump and we suck.
As I said, thousands of tickets distributed. Montefiore sponsored the match, so they gave employees a ton of tickets. Also, I've been told that the team gave a ton of tickets to schools to distribute as the school year is ending. Attendance may have been up, but gate revenue certainly wasn't.

Reactions: Victors87 and JayH